Updated: March 11, 2009 07:37 AM CDT
    CCPD Officer Killed In Line Of Duty During Pursuit

pxl_trans.gif

9985257_BG1.jpg
    pxl_trans.gif
    262018_G.gif
    pxl_trans.gif

From the CCPD Press Release
    The Corpus Christi Police Department Patrol is saddened to report that a veteran Patrol officer was struck and killed overnight by a fleeing motorist.
    At approximately 11:53 PM, CCPD Patrol Officers were dispatched to a residence in the 4200 block of W. Teresa Street to investigate a disturbance. Upon arriving in the area, officers attempted to detain a 21 year old male suspect. After a brief struggle, the suspect entered his vehicle, a green SUV, and sped off. Officers attempted to stop the vehicle, but the suspect ignored the patrol car's emergency equipment and sped away. A pursuit ensued through the Molina neighborhood which lasted several minutes and then continued onto State Highway 358 west bound. Near the Agnes Street exit, the SUV struck a uniformed CCPD police officer who was standing in the grass shoulder near the freeway. The officer was transported to Spohn Memorial Hospital by ambulance, where he was pronounced dead shortly after midnight.
    The suspect vehicle failed to stop and continued west bound on SH 358 where it exited onto Leopard Street. The pursuit continued east bound on Leopard Street where the suspect vehicle turned south bound on the SH 286 Access Road. Officers were able to box the suspect vehicle in with their patrol cars and stop the SUV between Comanche and Lipan Streets, but when officers attempted to remove the driver from the vehicle he began ramming their patrol cars and attempted to run them over. Fearing for their safety, two officers then discharged their weapons into the vehicle, striking the suspect (and only occupant) and ending the pursuit. The suspect was apprehended and transported to Spohn Memorial Hospital where he is under guard in the Intensive Care Unit with non-life threatening gunshot wounds. CID is continuing to investigate. Formal charges are pending.
    The name of the officer, a 20 year veteran, is not being released until next of kin has been notified. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the officer and we humbly ask that members of the media respect their privacy during their time of grieving.
    A press conference has been tentatively scheduled for 3:00 PM today in the Chief's Conference room. No further details or information will be released until that time.

DK Firearms

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    I still believe if you use a gun or a vehicle to harm or flee an officer you should get life in prison
    . . and the law disagrees with you where? The term you're looking for is "deadly weapon", and the SUV the perp was driving will be considered to be one in court. Use of a 'deadly weapon' in a crime usually elevates the severity of the crime.

The guy's looking at being charged with at least couple of capitol crimes, and will probably not be leaving the comforts of the state any time soon.
    My prayers go out to the officers family.
    +1

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Lopez Found Guilty of Killing Corpus Christi Police Officer

Lopez Found Guilty of Killing Corpus Christi Police Officer | KIII TV3 - News, Sports, Weather South Texas, Corpus Christi | Local News

March 2, 2010

CORPUS CHRISTI - -
    He could spend the rest of his life in prison or even be put to death. Those are the possible sentences convicted cop killer Daniel Lopez faces after being found guilty of capital murder this afternoon. Nearly a year ago he struck and killed Corpus Christi Police Lt. Stuart Alexander with his truck during a pursuit. Today he was convicted of evading arrest, possession of a controlled substance, assault on a public servant, six counts of attempted capital murder and the most serious count: capital murder. About a dozen Corpus Christi Police Officers watched on as Lopez was convicted of killing one of their own. Micheal Staff, President of the Corpus Christi Police Association said, "It has effected the overall effectiveness of the department and the psyche of those individual officers, so it's very important to restore and give some closure when the jury is able to see it in the position that we sit in and understand it from the position that we work from. It gives you that warm feeling in the pit of the stomach that kinda goes away when something bad like this occurs." Last March, Lt. Alexander was struck and killed while deploying a spike strip off North Padre Island Drive near the Agnes Street exit. At the time he was trying to stop Lopez's truck. Twelve packets of cocaine were later found during a search of the vehicle. It took the jury just a few hours to find the 22-year-old guilty on all counts. The punishment phase of the trial where they will decide his sentence will continue tomorrow.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Thats one zombie that won't kill or harm another LEO or other person. We hope it doesn't take 10 or 20 years of ambulance chasing lawyer's meddling for the state to bolt that punk in a gurney and mainline him straight to hell !!!!

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    This is the phase I hate- the convicted felons exercise of his rights to get out of the chair. This SOB needs to NOT fight the chair...and actually embrace where he is going. Say plenty of prayers dude...but you are going where cop-killers go....on the down escalator!

RIP Stuart.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Ditto, see yah, wouldn't want to be yah. I'll say a prayer for his family. If he was a part of a gang, the whole gang needs to go down for this.

MiTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Austin
    Good to see he will receive the ultimate punishment for this. I have a friend that says "stupid should be painful, or deadly whichever case is warranted".
    Hopefully the deadly part will come sooner rather than later for this idiot.
    RIP Officer Alexander.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    is this going to turn intop one of those grizzly threads whre everyone chips ina diffrent way to execute the guy? i.e. gasoline/blowtorch enema...
    i forget who said that but ive been using it myself. helluva way to start the morning!. way more effective than a searing hot coffee one.

;)

in anycase, my prayers go out to officer stuart's family, and my condolences to you TxInvestigator ont he loss of your freind.

it is good though, to see that occasionally the system still works.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom