• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What a f'ing joke....
    #1. What difference will that make?
    #2. Who's to say I'll answer the doctor truthfully or not?
    #3. What are they gonna do, start restricting my alcohol consumption?
    They can have my cold beer after they pry it from my dead hand! :D

Fixed it. :green:

As for doctors asking fool shit, I just went through all that manure to get my "new" health insurance. They asked all kinds of "dependency" questions (maybe because I'm an old fart of 63) as well as trying to pry into other aspects of my private life ... sexual orientation, political views, religion (I chose OTHER and for a description I put down DRUID) and other non-medical personal shit. I'm somewhat amazed that they didn't ask me about gun ownership. If they had, I'd have told them to go pound sand (actually I'd have told them to go f##k themselves) and not bothered with the application any further.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    So, what is the definition of "too much?" Is this going to be another bullshit random number plucked from thin air like the BMI numbers were?

Oh, here it is... Yeah, looks like bullshit. I can barely carry a buzz from 5 drinks in 3 hours. That's like a bare minimum rate to maintain...

problem1_570px.jpg

Apparently talking about it does something... Sure hasn't reduced my drinking. :p

I like how they say that excessive drinking can lead to violence. Well, for some of us a lack of "excessive" drinking will lead to violence.

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Fixed it. :green:

As for doctors asking fool shit, I just went through all that manure to get my "new" health insurance. They asked all kinds of "dependency" questions (maybe because I'm an old fart of 63) as well as trying to pry into other aspects of my private life ... sexual orientation, political views, religion (I chose OTHER and for a description I put down DRUID) and other non-medical personal shit. I'm somewhat amazed that they didn't ask me about gun ownership. If they had, I'd have told them to go pound sand (actually I'd have told them to go f##k themselves) and not bothered with the application any further.

They asked you R or D or?

Robb in Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Gtown
    As a healthcare provider my interest in your alcohol consumption ends with how it impacts your health.

I've not been asked in my practice to collect, forward, or reveal my patients consumption to anyone or any agency. If someone DID want it, the only way I would provide it would be in the form of 'Pt claims 1 beer per day'. There is no way in hell we would provide identifying information, simply out of fear of being sued for HIPPA violations.

There is no foreseeable way your political leanings would ever be relevant to our practice. Or gun ownership either.

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    As a healthcare provider my interest in your alcohol consumption ends with how it impacts your health.

I've not been asked in my practice to collect, forward, or reveal my patients consumption to anyone or any agency. If someone DID want it, the only way I would provide it would be in the form of 'Pt claims 1 beer per day'. There is no way in hell we would provide identifying information, simply out of fear of being sued for HIPPA violations.

There is no foreseeable way your political leanings would ever be relevant to our practice. Or gun ownership either.
    my Doc only asks " Been Riding lately?" He bought new scooter a couple months back.

Robb in Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Gtown
    my Doc only asks " Been Riding lately?" He bought new scooter a couple months back.

I get this. If I ask a patient about a gun/motorcycle/old car/wine making/etc, it's because I know they have one. And it _doesn't_ go into the record. I've NEVER asked a patient any of the above without obvious knowledge(see them ride/drive/mention it first) of whatever it was.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom