• ...and so much more!
  • PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    caught just a bit, of a news story. Seems some people drink too much. CDC wants Doctors to Ask patients, how much they consume. then forward this info, AGAIN to the other alphabet agencies.
    Hurley's Gold

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    They've been asking that for a while, always told them "none". If they are forwarding that to the gubbmint, then I've been screwing up their data for years. :roflfunny:

I rarely go to the doctors, but when I have in the past for what turned out to be a sinus infection, I paid in cash and I didn't even give them my real name.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    What a f'ing joke....
    #1. What difference will that make?
    #2. Who's to say I'll answer the doctor truthfully or not?
    #3. What are they gonna do, start restricting my alcohol consumption?
    They can have my beer after they pry it from my cold dead hand! :D

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just another way gov intervention screws up things. When you are afraid to be honest with your doctor your healh suffers. But this isnt about your health its about control.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    How does that relate to the question I asked? Where does that read that the CDC to ask people how much they drink, THEN FORWARD THE INFO?
    Because you asked for a link in reference to the OP, only now you've decided to be more specific in YOUR REQUEST.

Last edited:

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Another silly thread suggesting people lie to their doctor over some mis-information.

Alcohol consumption is very relevant to your health. If you can't talk to your doctor about your health. . . . .

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Another silly thread suggesting people lie to their doctor over some mis-information.

Alcohol consumption is very relevant to your health. If you can't talk to your doctor about your health. . . . .

I don't think alcohol consumption is relevant for every visit to the doctor. I believe you can use common sense when you need to be honest and when it's just none of their business.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring

That's not the bad part. The bad part is the doctor violating the patients' belief in privacy laws, and sharing said information uttered in confidence.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am a very experienced physician, with long history in various specialties & a number of Texas cities, and have taught in 3 Texas Med Schools.

My advice is this: Only discuss alcohol consumption with ANY physician or "provider" if it has immediate bearing on your health problem.

NEVER discuss firearms with any health worker. PERIOD. Just say: "I choose to not discuss this." PERIOD !

All info now goes into EHR or "EMR" computers, and is accessible to all sorts of snooping bureaucrats !

leVieux

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I am a very experienced physician, with long history in various specialties & a number of Texas cities, and have taught in 3 Texas Med Schools.

My advice is this: Only discuss alcohol consumption with ANY physician or "provider" if it has immediate bearing on your health problem.

NEVER discuss firearms with any health worker. PERIOD. Just say: "I choose to not discuss this." PERIOD !

All info now goes into EHR or "EMR" computers, and is accessible to all sorts of snooping bureaucrats !

leVieux

I agree, but why not just say, "No, I don't own firearms." and be done with it?
    Saying you don't want to discuss that seems to be a "yes" IMO.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013

leVieux
    Mssr. Old, If asked by any doctor, I would tell them I enjoy the American Heart Association recommended amount of alcohol.

Top Bottom