• ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I am needing to ditch my nearly 5 year old HTC M One 8

I went to ATT store and looked Samsung since my wife and kids all have various models
    The newest being my wife's S7 Active

They will give me a $200 trade in on my old phone if I buy the S8 but I HATE any Edge phone and won't have one.

I saw an LG G6 with a tradional screen but the reviews seem to be not exactly stellar.

HTC doesn't make a decent phone anymore and wont go back to Iphone even if they paid me.

A good camera with 4K video is important and also good battery life. Other than that, as long as its Andriod, I should be happy
    I'm also open to refirbs, we got my daughter one on Amazon and it looked and worked as new

Any of you have suggestions please?
    Lynx Defense

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I wish.
    The HTC one was a damn good phone.

yes it was
    I have no issues out of mine for many years. The battery is showing signs that its going bad so I'm starting to look around for a replacement

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Google Nexus. 5x here, but the latest ones are pretty sweet, too, albeit more expensive. I'll sell ya a spare 5x I bought last week when I needed my wife's phone repaired last week. $250. No contract, works on all networks.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    if you like the phone why not get the same one from Ebay ? might even score a new one in the box.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I recently gave my S5 to my son and bought a Note 4. I was jonesing for a S7 until my cousin showed me his Note 4. It's rootable, it can take up to a 256gb card and has a IR transmitter. Also, you can remove the battery, so you can have spares. My phone has 32gigs of internal storage, plus a 128gig external card. It has a Quad Core processor, and 3 gb of ram. Here is a link about the Note 4. It's also the first Samsung to be made with a metal frame, as far as I know.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_4-6434.php

I will say that it's not made anymore, but I found a great deal on SWAPPA for my phone. Mine was built in 2016.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'm thinking about just giving up my cell phone altogether or just getting a one of those "Cricket" thingys! :roflfunny:

I'm not addicted to it like my wife and daughters are.
    Years ago after the wife washed my phone I went for a replacement. After dealing with Sprint locally, on the phone & online I decided I really didn't need a cell phone. One of the better decisions I've made in life.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Wife just picked up the Samsung 8 Plus and really likes it. Nice phone. I've had Samsung phones for the last 8 years and they are my favorite phones. My 2 year old Samsung Samsung 6 is still going strong so I haven't upgraded.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    Picked up a Moto G5 plus for my Dad and I was happy with it. I would get one gor myself if I needed a replacement. Also they are on the cheaper side of the smart phones at around 200 plus on amazon unlocked.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Moto X Pure.

thanks for reminding me about Motorola
    I spent 30 minutes reading on that phone.

People seem to like them alot but evidently if you have a problem, getting them fixed under warranty is a big hassle

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    I have a pixel XL and I am a fan. My previous phone was a note 2 that was rooted and it was great. I had the 7 (twice) through all of the issues and it was a good phone as well.

My favorite thing about the pixel is that it is free from bloatware, which is one of the main reasons to root (for me). It runs fine and so far storage hasn't been a problem.

I have read some good things about the Huawei phones too. It seems like they are really working on producing a camera that is a phone as well...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    I have had no issues dealing with customer service. I have actually had very positive interactions, and they went above and beyond for me. Their CS was based in the Phillipines and was very nice. The lady cancelled an extra service charge that I opted for and expedited my phone return for me. I have had to send my phone in 3 times because I am an idiot and keep busting the screen. My wife made me get a case this last time, lol. No issues with CS. Also the no bloatware version of android is very nice. I have the X Pure Edition, but would get the G5 in a heartbeat if I needed a new phone.

thanks for reminding me about Motorola
    I spent 30 minutes reading on that phone.

People seem to like them alot but evidently if you have a problem, getting them fixed under warranty is a big hassle

Last edited:

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    Went back to iPhone after a note4, that thing would melt the cover off the back and not last a day. iPhone never had an issue with this one or previous ones and we have had probably a dozen in our house. I tried to get away from them, but they just work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom