• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    I'd imagine. Lower recoil, etc. You can fit 10 in a 7rnd mag tube which I guess is good for a gang intrusion. But you'd probably need a 2nd shooter instead of more rounds for that type situation.

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    These are not bad really. They have very little recoil and pattern very tight. Not sure how deep they would penetrate seeing as how they are lower velocity. I can't think of any real benefit they would offer over a 2 3/4 shell though. The only reason I can see to use the 2 inch mini buck, is in case a midget breaks in.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    They'll probably under-penetrate like mad. I wouldn't use them as defensive ammo without seeing some test-results. Probably not even after, if my suspicions about their penetration pan out...

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    This idea is not that new. I remember seeing something similar back in the mid '90s. At 1250fps it is packing more fps than federal or winchester 2 3/4 "low recoil" offerings. Not sure how that translates into energy at any distance, but it doesn't appear to be a heavily reduced power load, just a trimmed shell/wad with 3 less pellets than a 2 3/4. Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna run out and buy any, but, Centurion has been known to produce decent quality shotshells so they may indeed be something worthwhile.

TKG

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    They won't cycle in a semi and it takes practice to get them to feed half assed in a pump, cool concept, but not much more.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom