• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dttheliman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    Who is the go to for cerakote these days in SA - not worried about the cheapest , just quality and turnaround time - FYI its a barreled action and bolt .

Thanks

Tim
    Texas SOT

sparty83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Thanks! Just waiting for Jim to get back with me. Do appreciate the recommendation!!

00-Guy

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    San Antonio
    A Cerakote Recommendation

So I ran across a great deal on a Sig228 in fair condition. (Shipped to me and FFL fees for around $350) The pistol was an Israeli Police trade-in. They had painted the slide and did a poor Cerakote job on the frame. Additionally when Cerakoted the prior owner failed to remove rust and the rough handling edges from the frame. (Note: I failed to take a before picture.)

Took the gun and some spare sights to Vic Brown at Fair Oaks Firearms. http://fairoaksfirearms.com/

This is the finished product:

sig 228.jpg

Total cost into the gun including parts and Cerakoting is less than $500. Vic has great communications and superb turnaround time. Got the gun back in right at 4 weeks. Looks and functions like new!

I can recommend him highly.

paul....

Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2017
    There is a post in the gunsmithing subforums from me about my Kar. 98 sporterized (got it like that) and Vic Brown did the cerakote work and I couldn't be happier with it.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    You could look into Alamo Tactical. I liked the holster they made for my glock 30S. They Cerakote amongst other things. I plan on using them when I have free cash

Top Bottom