• ...and so much more!
  • Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Has anyone had their vehicle done with the ceramic polish? Was it worth it? How long did it last? Pros and cons?

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I had thought about it, I went with the nano coating . So far I am pleased at a quarter of the price. I have yet found someone who can give me a good estimate on how long the ceramic coating lasts. But around here 2 days and $400 to $500 to put ceramic coating on and the nano coating is $150 with the wash and less than a half day if they are busy. It makes the car look like liquid metal. This is just one coating. They say it won't last as long as the ceramic but unless I put 5 coatings on in a year I believe I'm ahead of the game.
    PXL_20230106_165310910.jpg
    PXL_20230103_195144628.jpg

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    This ceramic coating on vehicles has not had enough time to be proven on lifespan one way or the other. At the going rate to have it applied I don't even consider it. You can get the look and most likely the protection as stated above for a 1/4 of the cost. But if money is easy try it out. Worse case it won't last as long as advertised. Remember Marketing = SALES

Fideon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2023
    Austin, TX
    A good ceramic coating like GTechniq Crystal Serum, Gyeon CQUARTZ or AvalonKing Armor Shield, will easily last you 5 years if maintained. Maintenance involves spraying with a "reloader" every 6 months or so. It is recommended that you perform a full paint correction (wetsanding if needed, compound and polish) before applying the ceramic coating, since the coating completely seals the paint, and any imperfections left under the coating will remain there. IMO, it is worth it on a brand new car. But if your car is used, you can go with the classic combo of Jescar PowerLock+ sealant and Collinite 845 wax. That combo easily lasts 6 months and provides a ton of protection and lots of gloss and slickness!

Trailhunting72

Outdoors & Motorsports
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2022
    Houston, TX
    Ceramic is good depending on your desired needs. It does offer a nice extra small layer of protection for a year or two once applied against the elements from your top coat/ clear coat and makes for much easier washing! Any usual grime, tar, etc really only builds up against the layer of ceramic much like a traditional wax coating. Waxing can and has produced the same results but requires more applications on a yearly basis. Hope this helps!

Top Bottom