• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarbonCycles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Has anyone else noticed that lame CHL sign they have up in their service window? Anyone know the ramifications of that sign? I'm aware of the 30.06, but that one is different than the ones I've seen before.
    DK Firearms

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    If you don't know what the requirements are for the sign, can't you look it up and figure out if their sign is a 30.06 compliant sign?

It's pretty hard to miss, but people seem to get all bent out of shape when they see any kind of sign with anything to do with carrying handguns. The ones that matter, matter, the ones that don't, don't. Businesses put up signs for all kinds of reasons and it's their right. Some, put signs up close, but not close enough, on purpose.

CarbonCycles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    JK, it's not a 30.06 sign, but another using a 2x.xx. I wish I could recall the exact verbage, but I'll be sure to get more info next time...assuming someone doesn't beat me to it first.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    If i'm not mistaken, the lettering on the 30.06 sign has to be one inch, black on white. Don't recall the verbiage.

Here it is;

Texas Department of Public Safety - Courtesy, Service, Protection

Correct. And he said it's not even close which is why I wonder why it's even brought up as an issue. For a CHL holder it just doesn't matter.

I really hope that some of the folks that always bring these things do not yet have a CHL. If so, they need to go back and learn the laws again.

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    If i'm not mistaken, the lettering on the 30.06 sign has to be one inch, black on white. Don't recall the verbiage.

Here it is;

Texas Department of Public Safety - Courtesy, Service, Protection

Black on white is NOT required, just contrasting colors...technically.
    I raised an issue in another thread with white letters on clear glass, and promptly got preached at by TxInvestigator. The subject seems to open to your interpretation of contrasting.
    To me personally, if the businesses intention is clear, legal sign or not, I won't patronize them, and I will let them know why...politely.

CarbonCycles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Well, I was unfortunate enough to have to go back and sit there for a bit. So I was able to get the verbage on the sign:

"Possession of a handgun under authority of Texas Concealed Handgun Permit Law, Texas Civil Statues, Article 4413(29ee), is prohibited beyond this point. "

Basically, it's a total BS sign. Just sucks they try to make a point about CC with a sign.

Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Converse(San Antonio)
    Question? If a sign is that specific without being and actual 30.06 sign should you still go in? couldn't they prosicute you on criminal tresspassing? It's ovbious that they do not want you to have a firearm on premise(I am by no means defending them I just wouldn't shop there)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom