• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    In light of the anti-gun nature of both Dem's, should they win, will you make an effort to get in as much pre-ban material as possible?

Do you think the ban will have a lasting effect this time?

Will the ban contain the same language or do you think they will attempt to broaden it's reach?
    Gun Zone Deals

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    In light of the anti-gun nature of both Dem's, should they win, will you make an effort to get in as much pre-ban material as possible?

Do you think the ban will have a lasting effect this time?

Will the ban contain the same language or do you think they will attempt to broaden it's reach?

I most certainly think they will attempt to broaden its reach and make it a lasting law. It may not happen in one fell swoop, but it will happen incrementally. I think they also figure that if they win the presidency, with control of both houses of congress, nothing can stop them from tightening the noose of gun control around our necks.
    It also doesn't help our cause when some whacko takes a gun and wants to go out in a blaze of glory. Ignorant people take what they see on the news as the gospel and don't or won't put common sense in the equation. I also think the media, as sick as this sounds, are relieved when they can report another school shooting. I believe they look at those stories as a "we told you so". They this is their definition of a journalist making a difference.

TexasT/A

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Amarillo
    I plan on making a lot of purchases this year:

Ammo
    Mags (already have 15 AR mags on the way)
    A few AR lowers
    At least 1 AK

And of course, a boat (for the inevitable tragic boating accident ;)).

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Already stocking up.I am also going to buy a lot more hi cap mags for all my weapons.I was looking at the number of democratic voters versus republican voters.Looks like bad times ahead.

Gopher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Far, far, far North Dallas
    If we get a favorable decision on Heller next week a lot of the wind will be taken out of the sails of the anti's. If it goes against us it will get very ugly, very quickly.

That being said I need an AR upper and mags. I'm also hurting for ammo right now too. With todays prices and no foreseeable surplus down the road that's pretty effective gun control right there.:mad:

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I think John Ashcroft's letter on May 17, 2001 stating the Attorney General recognizes that the second amendment "unequivocally" protects an individual's right to bear arms may play a part in the upcoming District of Columbia vs. Heller. With the current makeup of the Supreme Court, I'm cautiously optimistic we will emerge victorious. And it couldn't come at a better time.

If we have any legal eagles on this board, I'd love to hear your take on this historical and seminal ruling.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    With the way things have been since the ban was lifted, I don't see how another ban would even be feasable. I'm sure they will try to come up with something, however I do NOT think they have the support of the legislature.

With 55 Senators and 250 Representatives signing the petition for the SCOTUS to find in favor of the gun owners, we are doing damn good at the moment.

Remember, they can only take away the peoples rights if the people allow it. Don't let it happen.

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    The presidential election is a lost cause for us. We need to concentrate on getting pro-gun candidates elected in the congressional elections to ensure the president has no hope of getting anti-gun bills passed.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    There hasn't even BEEN a presidential election yet. Lets not get defeatist about it. The only way ANYTHING is a lost cause in this country is if we sit on our hands and do nothing. That kind of thinking and action is for the libs and dems. We stand and fight.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    There hasn't even BEEN a presidential election yet. Lets not get defeatist about it. The only way ANYTHING is a lost cause in this country is if we sit on our hands and do nothing. That kind of thinking and action is for the libs and dems. We stand and fight.

One must still prepare for war even if the enemy isn't at the gates.

oldnbald

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Abilene, Texas
    I agree with brainiac - McCain is the lesser of the three evils, but definitely not who I want in the white house. I just bought a WSAR 10 and 500 rds of ammo. Looking for extra mags. Also have stocked up on ammo for other weapons. Have hi cap mags for most of my handguns.

Top Bottom