• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Yall ever go through a change in the taste of looks on your firearms? I recently decided I wanted to take some of the plastic out of my safe and replace it with some original wood. Starting off with my Mini-14, which do yall like better? I also put the original front site and mag release back on it too. As I'm getting older I think I'm liking the looks of the original better myself. ;)

Plastic:

Wood:
    Lynx Defense

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    The plastic stuff kick's it up a notch for a cool tactical look.I agree that the wood stock look's much nicer.

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    I can't disagree that wood does look nice. However, I am still young, so like the look of a polymer tactical model.

I thought one of the primary drawbacks to wood was that it was so much heavier than the polymer?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Tacti-cool is all that really matters. Throw the Tapco back on, but it still needs MORE flashlights, MORE optics, MORE lasers, a bayonet, beta c mag, just go ahead and weld on and ghetto rig a Redi-mag system from an AR, and oh a suppressor is a must. ;) j/k Seriously though, tacti-cool is where it's at. lol

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    I went through this with my WASR10 but ended up re-installing the original wood. The plastic was cool but AKs get pretty hot doing mag dumps back to back. It held up ok but I figured over time or if the SHTF, the plastic would break or melt. The middle rifle (Yugo) came stock with plastic forarms from Century Arms. I'm going to order some wood replacements one of these days.

The WASR10 is the bottom rifle.

DSC00770.jpg

sbw9056

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Katy,TX
    Tacti-cool is all that really matters. Throw the Tapco back on, but it still needs MORE flashlights, MORE optics, MORE lasers, a bayonet, beta c mag, just go ahead and weld on and ghetto rig a Redi-mag system from an AR, and oh a suppressor is a must. ;) j/k Seriously though, tacti-cool is where it's at. lol

I did the same thing to my SKS and AK. I bolted on everything I could find. It was fun and it looked really cool, but it was awkward and impractical. I put them both back in wood.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Wood looks classic while synthetic is cool looking. I do, however wish my 7mm Rem Mag had a wood stock. That light synthetic stock helps it kick like a pissed off mule. Come to think of it, most of my guns have synthetic stocks.

Top Bottom