• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    So......the wife and I are going with another couple next month to see Styx, Def Leppard and Tesla in concert. It is at the American Bank Center, a really great venue.

I saw Styx when I was about 20, but have not seen Def Leppard or Tesla.

I am really stoked about this concert.

What was the best concert you have seen?
    ARJ Defense ad

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I really enjoyed Journey with their new lead singer last year in the Woodlands, but my all-time favorite has to be the B-52's at a private event. They sound just as good in person as on their albums and put on a fun show!

My experiences have been varied: christian contemporary artists, Tool, Snoop Dogg, Garth Brooks, Evanescence, Macklemore, One Direction, Marcy Playground ft. Lincoln... :)

I'd go for all three of the ones you have listed - good taste in concert experience!

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I saw Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Eric Johnson when they toured together and it was an amazing show.

Fleetwood Mac

Jimi Hendrix when he played San Antonio

Aerosmith

Craig Chaquico

Hard to say which was the best

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Best concert was Emerson Lake and Palmer on their Works Tour at Madison Square garden. I think it was in 1977 or so.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I've been seriously contemplating going but with a newborn might not happen. Listened to a lot of Styx growing up thanks to my mom and would love to see Def Leppard.

Best concert I've ever been to would have to be Slipknot, Shadows Fall, and Lamb Of God when they came to Concrete Street 10 or so years ago.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I really enjoyed Journey with their new lead singer last year in the Woodlands, but my all-time favorite has to be the B-52's at a private event. They sound just as good in person as on their albums and put on a fun show!

My experiences have been varied: christian contemporary artists, Tool, Snoop Dogg, Garth Brooks, Evanescence, Macklemore, One Direction, Marcy Playground ft. Lincoln... :)

I'd go for all three of the ones you have listed - good taste in concert experience!
    Are you just a big concert fan, or are you working a lot of those? I'd like to go to more. When I was younger I saw a lot of concerts. I saw Heart when they were still hot (looking).

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Charlie Daniels back in the 90s was a great show
    So many USO shows also in the 80s

Saw Ted Nugent a couple of times

One of the best was Michael Martin Murphy with just him and his guitar

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I got to have a private lunch with him at my buddy's BBQ place one day befoe a show
    He is either balls to the wall or pretty mellow
    No much in between
    He had been up all night stalking pigs with a bow in Shackleford county and was really tired and laid back that day

He puts on a great show and is , I think one of the best guitarist I've seen
    Pretty pure rock and roll to me

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Are you just a big concert fan, or are you working a lot of those? I'd like to go to more. When I was younger I saw a lot of concerts. I saw Heart when they were still hot (looking).

Big concert fan. Worked Tool, Snoop Dogg and One Direction. Bought tickets to the others or saw them as special events.

bignic83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    West of San Antone
    Great shows I have been to. Queen in 1976, Rush on their 2112 tour (Cheap Trick opened), many Springsteen shows, Kiss and Bob Seger (pre-night moves, what a pairing!) But the best Concert ever for me was Live Aid! (I am originally from the Philly area).

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Saw Jethro Tull in November 1979, which had to be one of the best concerts I've seen. Saw them again here in San Antonio last year, it was a good show, but still not as good as 30+ years ago. Some bands can maintain their talent, some even get better (saw Gary Numan up in Austin last year, and he was excellent!); but a few are trying to squeeze those last few dollars from their fans.

I always enjoy watching the UK's "Rewind" festivals that dig up big acts from the 1980s. Despite aging, some acts have really held up well over the years; but there's always a few that should have remained in obscurity...

Cheers! M2

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    I would say it would have to be the first concert I went to... Lee Michaels and Creedence Clearwater Revival in Denver, 1969.
    How's that for dating myself? I missed Johann Sebastian Bach when he was touring, I was too young.

ByrdMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Wasilla, AK
    Hank Williams JR, good ole Bocefus! It was the double eagle tour when I was 16. Can't remember the venue. During the song "born to boogie" he played every instrument on the stage and we were second row. My first concert and probably the most memorable.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    That sounds like a great concert! I'd love to attend concerts but I don't handle crowds or driving at night very well.

I had fun thinking back on the concerts of yesteryear that I attended.

Coffee houses and beatnick places in Chicago
    Folk music at local "Dives" around Chicago
    Chantacleer
    Carlos Montoya
    Itzhak Perlman
    Richard Marx
    BlueGrass concerts
    Blues concerts

After Woodstock, there was a profusion of "Rock Festivals" all over the nation. I made a lot of those, but remember very little!

Live music is a gas! Be sure to bring earplugs. Leave the anti drug attitudes and nudity opinions at home. Hooters will be displayed!

Flash

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    ELO's spaceship stage, coolest thing I'd seen. Best concert probably Pink Floyd The Wall or maybe the 1980 Monsters of Rock in Donington Park

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom