SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Pretty much since the US Constitution was enacted, there have been efforts to bastardize it and usurp it. We've lost a whole hell of a lot in the way of civil rights over the past century. Some have been gained as well as far as women's rights, rights of various ethnic groups, etc. There's no doubt it's a constant battle every day. Beware of any politician that actually believes the Constitution is a "living document". There is a perfectly legal and Constitutional method of "adding" to the Constitution to account for the progression of time and evolution of rights. That is the amendment process. What politicians are referring to when they say "living document" is that they feel the Constitution is being constantly evolved with the changing times, and that the rulings of the courts are that constant evolution. Basically what they are saying is that, as opposed to the amendment process, they'll simply let the lower courts interpret the Constitutional text as they see fit, and the outcome will be considered in accordance with the constitution. It's not hard to see the possibilities for pure evil and corruption under that type of "system".

There is a lot of truth in some of this "conspiracy theory" stuff, however the real trick is trying to consider much of it with an open mind, while also trying to remain sane, logical, and not turn into a "nutjob". I mean at some point you have to get on with your life. While it is true that one person can change the course of history in rare cases, I would say that the vast majority of people can't have such a great effect by themselves. That being the case, I think it's important for people to be educated, informed, and aware but to also get on with their lives. There's nothing wrong with being prepared. However at the same time, sitting around in a bomb shelter, reading conspiracy theory forums, and freaking out over what may happen in a few years is really a waste considering that most of us can't do anything to change what may possibly happen. The best most of us can do is be educated, be prepared, and don't let it ruin your life.

That being said, when it comes to this conspiracy theory stuff, you have to also watch out for outright lies as well. I've seen a lot of them lately. The movie "Loose Change", which was pretty popular and made it's way around quite a bit over the last year or 2....well frankly there are a lot of outright lies in that movie. In fact someone made an entire movie debunking much of what was claimed in that movie. Lies, for example, like them suggesting that there was no evidence that the Pentagon was hit by a plane on 9/11 but was instead hit by a cruise missle when it is clearly visible in the footage they use that there is a partially destroyed impeller from a jet engine turbine laying on the lawn IN FRONT OF THE PENTAGON! That's just a ridiculous and blatant lie. ;)

As far as Blackwater goes, all I will say is this. People get bent out of shape when they here about "private security contractors". People like to naively throw around the "mercenary" word without even attempting to understand the situation. I could talk for ages on this subject, however I'll be short and to the point. There are many situations where manpower and/or specialized skills become necessary. While I agree there are possibilities there for PSC's to be used in some unethical ways, at the same time you have to ask the question. If not PSC's, where will the specialized manpower come from then? In Katrina you had some level of desertion by police (no not all police, and I don't mean that as any sleight against the ones that stayed) as well as a big problem with crime and looting. In Iraq and Afghanistan, you had specialized roles for things like diplomatic security, and the agencies/SF units with personnel to fill those roles were already stretched thin. So again where does the manpower come from? All I'm saying is it's usually a much more complicated situation and can't be summed up with the naive word "mercenary".

razor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Thanks HK, I realy do apreaciate your insite . All this kida struck me hard and I do agree on not to worry. I tend to forget that this world isn't really my home anyway ! I'm justa passin by .

Top Bottom