Join TexasGunTalk

Channel 11 khou

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by PhulesAu, Oct 1, 2013.

1. PhulesAu

PhulesAu TGT Addict

Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Anyone else hear them reporting, that because of the shut down. you can't get a "gun permit"? :confused: They've repeated this 2 days in a row.

2. matefrio

matefrio ΔΕΞΑΙ TGT Supporter

Obama shutting down NICS?

I've answered my own question. I guess CNN is using scare tactics to get conservatives to pressure their reps to keep gov. open.

Looks like CNN is trying to put fear in gun buyers hearts with false reporting. Wonder what their motive would be?

Despite bad CNN reporting, NICS to still operate during government shutdown - National gun rights | Examiner.com

“The FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Section has informed NSSF that NICS would remain fully operational and maintain normal business hours in the event of a government shutdown on Tuesday,” the industry trade association reported.
    This is consistent with an advisory posted last Friday by the National Rifle Association.
    “Law enforcement activities are designated as essential services and do not shut down even if the Congress and President fail to agree on funding legislation,” NRA explained. “The NICS system will continue to operate.”

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  3. PhulesAu

PhulesAu TGT Addict

Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Read over on Rimfire, that the ncis was a stand alone contract. not subject to the shutdown BS. Just making sure I wasn't imagining things...

4. Brains

Brains IQ: 47

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    NICS may be up, but what about NFA stamps? Anyone heard one way or the other?

5. matefrio

matefrio ΔΕΞΑΙ TGT Supporter

Looks like NFA approvals ARE shutdown. They got confused what approvals were affected.

6. Brains

Brains IQ: 47

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    Just saw the thread in the Class III forum, right after I clicked Post ;) Not that I have any in processing but a bummer for those affected.

7. PhulesAu

PhulesAu TGT Addict

Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    I think a random number generator, could do a better job of what's open and what's not. 'cause the newsies ain't cutting it.

8. Southpaw

Southpaw I'm gonna git you sucka! TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I heard the same thing on CNN two days ago that "gun permits"(their words);) and how they would not be issued during a shutdown.

I sort of figured the NFA and maybe FFL processing would be down and that is what I assumed they were talking about, but they definitely made it out to sound like getting a firearm would be affected.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  9. Southpaw

Southpaw I'm gonna git you sucka! TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Here ya go.. I found some funny articles that mention it.

What the Government Shutdown Will Look Like Where You Live - Mike Riggs - The Atlantic Cities
    :roflfunny:

Government shutdown: What you need to know - CNN.com
    :roflsmile::roflsmile:

And it goes on with them all repeating the same thing. :banghead:

<Thanks for the new smilies TGT>

10. rushthezeppelin

rushthezeppelin TGT Addict

Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Blithering media fools. The lies they spew are insipid.