• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billyb4u64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2017
    Although I can't disagree that the police were told to back off given the evidence, I'm not too sure about that news website, it's long been known as a conspiracy website.
    Why isn't this being repored on FOX News if
    One of their reporters can back it up that story
    Should be spreading like wildfire if true . would
    Change story totally.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Well, as questionable as the source may be, multiple videos and first hand accounts seem to back it up.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Well, as questionable as the source may be, multiple videos and first hand accounts seem to back it up.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    I'm not saying that the whole incident isn't a bit fishy, I'm just not too sure an actual police officer that was there came forward to the them. That site is dubious at best.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Anybody happen to read any of the comments at the bottom of that news story? There's definitely a few tinfoil hats in that group.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I was a cop. I would never had let the mayor, who has no LE authority, prevent me from enforcing the law. That would be an easy termination to get overturned.
    That's what I was thinking as well. Applies if the stand down order came from whoever the chief law enforcement officer is, too? It's not like they are risking a court martial for disobeying an order.

I'm sure whatever cops get fired for pushing back against leftist officials wanting to cause disorder will quickly have other job offers.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The story could easily be true or false.

There are confirmed cases where police have been told to stand down and let the lunatics run the asylum (Evergreen, Burkly, USC). This makes the story plausible in reality, and believable if fiction.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    If there is any truth to this, there goes that whole concept of LEO en masse doing the right thing instead of following orders.

Not sure which I'd like to be true. Incompetence or unable to tell right from wrong

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    That's what I was thinking as well. Applies if the stand down order came from whoever the chief law enforcement officer is, too? It's not like they are risking a court martial for disobeying an order.

I'm sure whatever cops get fired for pushing back against leftist officials wanting to cause disorder will quickly have other job offers.
    "I'm sure whatever cops get fired for pushing back against leftist officials wanting to cause disorder SHOULD quickly have other job offers." I suspect that you are applying the "Texas" idea of what is fair, lawful and correct not the "progressive view". Also, good law enforcement officers would have a tendency to already have different jobs, such wrong orders in this case is probably not an exception.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Seems to be a new trend... People who get fired for not kowtowing to collectivist ideals are having their linkedin inboxes flooded with job offers. I don't see why cops would be any different. They might have to go private sector to escape the leftist twats, but that's a win-win ;)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom