• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vvllbs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    I handled a used one today (newer generation). It feels like it could be legit CCW piece. Thoughts and advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I have a Bulldog Pug, I had some issues with the cylinder locking up every so often at first. After repeatedly dry firing it, she seems to have gotten past that.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    I've got one of the older ones, don't know which Charter incarnation it is, but a four inch barrel. Carries well, accurate enough. Not my favorite carry gun ( I like more than five rounds) but does OK.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I had one several years ago and liked it. I figured it would make a good CCW gun. It was inexpensive at that time. A friend wanted it after he shot it so I sold it to him :green:! And now he won't sell it back to me. Should have known!

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Have owned several. Yes the fit and finish don't quite make S&W standards but it functions every bit as good.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    If you can borrow or rent one to shoot first I highly recommend it. I owned an original blued 3 inch gun with wood grips I bought in 1970s I think. Lots of hammer bit from the recoil rolling the gun with the wood grips. So it went. 4 years ago, I bought a new one, stainless steel with rubber grips. The rubber grips helped ten fold in controlling the gun in recoil. I started by firing cowboy action loads before work up to the defensive stuff, I sold it after firing 20 rounds. The recoil was really severe for these 60+ year old hands. I noticed the young gentlemen I sold it to had it for sale not more than 30 days after he bought it from me. I guess he wasn't enamored enough with it either . John Taffin, the gun writer, said in several of his articles that he has 4 tucked around his house for self defense. So, they must be good for something. I just couldn't find the niche in my life for it.

Good shooting!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom