• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    But they did know he had fentanyl and amphetamines in his system, an "expert witness" testified that they were not the cause of death and they still found Chauvin guilty.
    You think Chauvin is not guilty, I think Chauvin contributed to Floyd's death or at least did nothing to try to revive him. Not much more that we can debate as I would not have found him guilty on all 3 charges. I think Floyd would not have died if Chauvin had not had him handcuffed and prone with 3 people on him for 9 minutes. The fact that it might have been department policy is irrelevant. The video is hard to beat here. Alive, yelling, non responsive, dead, no sign that Chauvin cared or did anything to help Floyd.
    Let's agree to leave it here and wait for the appeals.
    Maybe a mask and a vaccine would have saved Floyd.

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    This medical examiner testified this:

“In my opinion, Mr. Floyd had a sudden cardiac arrhythmia … due to his atherosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease … during his restraint and subdual by the police,” Fowler said.
    Now they are “investigating” him.
    After reading the death report and carefully watching the video I believe he is correct.

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    “ 90% proximal narrowing of the right coronary artery.” from the medical examiner report.
    For those that are not medical professionals the RCA is the dominant vessel in 80% of people. It supplies blood to the majority of the right ventricle and some of the left ventricle. It also supplies blood to the SA and AV nodes (pacemaker cells within the heart). With a 90% blockage all it takes is a little stress (getting interviewed by police) and you get problems. George was short of breath BEFORE the officers laid a hand on him. Shortness of breath is often the first sign of acute heart failure.

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Who thinks that the anonymous jury might voted to convict because of fear?

Anonymity is never guaranteed.
    " I did not want to go through rioting and destruction again and I was concerned about people coming to my house if they were not happy with the verdict. "

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    " I did not want to go through rioting and destruction again and I was concerned about people coming to my house if they were not happy with the verdict. "

If that were only true. It might be a reflexive action on the part of the jury to say such things, but realistically, not true. The courts are (usually) pretty strict on juries being tampered with, or influenced by outside sources of any sort. Such actions if proven can lead to reversals or appeals being filed for a new trial.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If that were only true. It might be a reflexive action on the part of the jury to say such things, but realistically, not true. The courts are (usually) pretty strict on juries being tampered with, or influenced by outside sources of any sort. Such actions if proven can lead to reversals or appeals being filed for a new trial.

Do you think any of those people really expect to be protected from peaceful protestors simply trying to be the voice of the unheard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    “ 90% proximal narrowing of the right coronary artery.” from the medical examiner report.
    For those that are not medical professionals the RCA is the dominant vessel in 80% of people. It supplies blood to the majority of the left ventricle and right ventricle. It also supplies blood to the SA and AV nodes (pacemaker cells within the heart). With a 90% blockage all it takes is a little stress (getting interviewed by police) and you get problems. George was short of breath BEFORE the officers laid a hand on him. Shortness of breath is often the first sign of acute heart failure.
    It doesn't supply the majority of the blood to the left. Can't argue with the rest.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Maybe this image will help Chauvin in an appeal, along with other issues during the trial. Juror Brandon Mitchell wearing a BLM hat and the Woke t-shirt at a protest/rally in the summer before the trial. Floyd's family spoke at the rally. And of course this honest, non-tainted juror answered "no" on his jury questionnaire in regards to his participation in protests/ demonstrations.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...defends-participation-Washington-protest.html

https://www.startribune.com/chauvin...n-after-social-media-post-surfaces/600053102/

breakfast at carolina beach

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Maybe this image will help Chauvin in an appeal, along with other issues during the trial. Juror Brandon Mitchell wearing a BLM hat and the Woke t-shirt at a protest/rally in the summer before the trial. Floyd's family spoke at the rally. And of course this honest, non-tainted juror answered "no" on his jury questionnaire in regards to his participation in protests/ demonstrations.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...defends-participation-Washington-protest.html

https://www.startribune.com/chauvin...n-after-social-media-post-surfaces/600053102/

breakfast at carolina beach

If Chauvin's lawyers are on the ball, that, along with several other things could very well end up being great grounds of an appeal. IMO, the judge should have at the very least, declared a mistrial after the remarks Maxine Waters made about the trial. From the best of my knowledge, the jury was never sequestered. So they were constantly being influenced by outside sources during the trial.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Sequestered only during verdict deliberation but of course they paid no attention to outside comments or news before that. Wanna buy a big bridge or some oceanfront property.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom