Chauvin guilty on all counts

Axxe55

Just a man, and his dogs.
Dec 15, 2019
In the Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
The reason this went to court is because it was obvious in more than just hindsight. The bystanders thought it was wrong and vocally urged the officer to show mercy - which combined with Floyd’s own “I can’t breathe” was reasonable suspicion that the man was in trouble. The officer’s smug unwillingness to be moved by the combination of the man’s words and his attitude towards the peons’ criticism of his stance is why there is significant belief, myself included, that he deserved at least the manslaughter charge.
I have agree with @cycleguy2300 on this. So are going to allow the general public to dictate what LE officers can or can't do, or what they are legally authorized to do in enforcing the law?

I'm not saying Chauvin is totally blameless, but action or inaction on his part I'm seeing as negligence, not murder. He was also performing a restraint that was department approved. If the method of restraint was contributing factor in Floyd's death, then the department is responsible for approving that restraint method and not Chauvin for using it. That tells me they threw Chauvin to the wolves for political expediency and nothing more.

Rhino

Well-Known
Jan 22, 2009
DFW Area
There’s a reason our country chose civilian leadership and oversight rather than military, and why elected sheriffs are more Constitutional than police. There’s a bad tendency to let these “policies” exist without adequate justification or moral examination. I completely disagree and think that the civilian outrage was justified.
Also, Nuremberg. Bad policies and law don’t excuse the moral culpability of the individual.

Glenn B

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Sep 5, 2019
Texarkana Area
George Floyd, was no innocent bystander, and he sure wasn't the choir boy many of his admirers want to make him out to be, But, he is the face and name for a cause of leading an effort to help defund LE agencies.

I heard more that one of his admirers, go one to say, Floyd had a rough and sad life and he had been in trouble with the law before, but he was on the path to straightening out his life. Hmmm...Hog wash Marlarkey! People trying to turn their lives around, aren't passing phony money and doing drugs!
No he was not innocent and what his "admirers" say has nothing to do with whether or not he was killed by Chauvin. That he was an absolute piece of dirt also has nothing to do with him having been murdered; yet, that he is now the poster boy for BLM and ANTIFA is still almost mind boggling to me. He was, in my estimation, murdered or at the very least the victim of manslaughter. I think it murder because of the time Chauvin spent on his neck after being told no pulse could be found.

That this is helping to defund LE departments is a crying shame but that is almost pure politics. The scum of the earth are trying to make the most of it to benefit their political careers and are not doing so out of any true sense of seeking justice.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
TGT Supporter
May 14, 2018
Houston
My guess would be 25 to life. Of course, that's as good as your or anyone's guess until he is actually sentenced.
The maximum for second degree unintentional homicide in Minnesota is 40 years. Not sure how the other two convictions will come in to play for jail time sentence.

Last edited:

Glenn B

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Sep 5, 2019
Texarkana Area
How long would he survive in jail.

He'd definitely need to be kept away from general population....
He probably would survive, in jail for a long time - as in for his entire sentence. Plenty of inmates would like to off him but there would be plenty of others, possibly white supremacists, who would protect him and many guards likley would do so as well. Thhen again - there is always Bubba who might take a fancy to Chauvin's arse and protect his lover boy. Other than that, he likely will be kept in an isolated population. Of course, he may off himself before he is even sentenced; I doubt that because he will file appeals before that but who knows.

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
No he was not innocent and what his "admirers" say has nothing to do with whether or not he was killed by Chauvin. That he was an absolute piece of dirt also has nothing to do with him having been murdered; yet, that he is now the poster boy for BLM and ANTIFA is still almost mind boggling to me. He was, in my estimation, murdered or at the very least the victim of manslaughter. I think it murder because of the time Chauvin spent on his neck after being told no pulse could be found.

That this is helping to defund LE departments is a crying shame but that is almost pure politics. The scum of the earth are trying to make the most of it to benefit their political careers and are not doing so out of any true sense of seeking justice.
You say you were LE. What’s the legal definition of murder? What is the legal standard for a charge of murder in Michigan?

Then tell me how you think it fits, beyond a reasonable doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics