Chauvin guilty on all counts

Glenn B

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Sep 5, 2019
Texarkana Area
The maximum for second degree unintentional homicide in Minnesota is 40 years. Not sure how the other two convictions will come in to play for jail time sentence.
Well if the sentences are given as consecutive sentences - serving one sentence, then the other(s), one after the other - it quite possibly will amount to life. As I said though, just my guess. I do not believe they will go easy on him because they fear the resulting riots would be worse than those that take place anyway. Of course, this will quite possibly drag on for years due to appeals; then again, granting him appeals may also be affected by politics and they may not grant him any or just one.

Last edited:

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
Intent was there, in my opinion, in that when he learned a pulse could not be found he did not immediately check it himself or have the other officer check again and then try to resuscitate Floyd.
This does not prove intent.

In fact, he did nothing to change the situation that he was, at least in great part, causing. Instead, he stayed in place. That shows intent plainly and without refute in my estimation.
There’s no evidence of this at all. The situation was more likely, at least in great parts, caused by 4 TIMES THE LETHAL DOSE OF FENTANYL.

It does not matter what Floyd said about all the BS not being able to breathe (he would not have been able to talk), or being claustrophobic and thus could not get in the police car (after he was just in another car with a problem).
It matters when we are supposed to believe that Chauvin should have treated “I can’t breath” as a serious issue despite having already heard multiple lies.

What was important, toward intent, is that another trained police officer (who almost undoubtedly was trained to check for a a pulse) is the one who said he could not find the pulse. That was not BS coming from Floyd - that was a brother officer telling Chauvin, in sum & substance, that there was very likely a medical emergency that had stopped Floyd's heartbeat. Chauvin disregarded that and continued to apply pressure to Floyd's neck
Back.

and quite likely his carotid artery.
ME testified that there was no evidence of this.

How is it that you do not see that as intent to kill him.
There’s a special thing in our justice system called “beyond a reasonable doubt”. Nothing you’ve said meets that standard.

Was Chauvin just trying to continue to restrain a man whose heart had stopped instead of trying to kill him; if so why instead iof assisting him medically?

It was said in court that LE are trained to restrain until medical personnel arrive on scene. Maybe he was distracted by the mob of morons screaming at him for doing his job.

Maybe he thought it was okay to continue kneeling because he thought Floyd was alreasy dead - is that it?
Maybe. Sounds like a reason to doubt he continued doing it hoping he’d die. Maybe he knew the mod of idiots might turn violent if they found out the guy with 4 times the lethal dose of fentanyl just died from OD, and might try to blame the cops for it so they held fast waiting on backup.

Think of that but - why would he continue to restrain him if his heart had apparently stopped? The only thing I can think of is to assure Floyd would die and be beyond ressucitation.
Maybe Chauvin doesn’t think in such twisted ways. But your have conjecture and last I checked that doesn’t meet the burden of proof.

Do you somehow think Chauvin thought the good health fairy was going to make things better and that he simply restraining Floyd and was not making things worse by continuing what he was doing? Take whatever emotion you have relative to this case and throw it out the window and look at it objectively.
Emotion, lol. When the first video broke I said Chauvin should go to jail. But when the evidence came out I threw out the emotion I had relative to the case and looked at the facts. The facts say Floyd is dead because he took way too much fentanyl. There is absolutely not evidence of intent to kill (your conjecture doesn’t count) and at best there might be a case for manslaughter.

Chauvin would have no motive to kill Floyd. And there is nothing in his career that points to him having anger issues or other problems interacting with the public.

Take whatever emotions you have tied to this case and throw them out. Look at the facts and don’t make up motives in your mind. There is no case for murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhino

Well-Known
Jan 22, 2009
DFW Area
I'd like to add to that, The Defense doesn't have to prove innocence, The State has to prove guilt. IMO, that burden wasn't met based on the evidence I have seen so far.
The jury disagreed, people like me, too, at least on the manslaughter count. Shrug? Can we accept the jury's choice?

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
Dude, you are religiously committed to defending the man. Maybe take a step back and ask yourself why?
I’m religiously committed to pointing out that our justice system is being bent by the media and leftist rioters and the state attempting to scapegoat someone.

If defending Chauvin is part of that, so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhino

Well-Known
Jan 22, 2009
DFW Area
I accidentally "liked" your post. Far from it man.

He is not "defending the man" . He is deriding the 2nd degree murder conviction. Reasonable Doubt is not a complicated concept.
I'm not for the murder conviction myself, but the manslaughter seems like it could and should stick.

Also, I could care less about likes... FWIW

Axxe55

Just a man, and his dogs.
Dec 15, 2019
In the Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Funny thing is, @Younggun and I have a somewhat contentious relationship on this forum, but in the beginning months ago, when Chauvin was arrested on murder charges, he and I were sort of in the same boat thinking Chauvin was guilty, or at least the appearance of being guilty, based on the limited information available at the time. Both us seeing newer information and some of the evidence and testimony coming from the trial, have made 180 turns in what we think and believe of the case now.

So, neither he, nor I have an emotional stake in this case. Just that IMO, I'm not seeing Chauvin being guilty of murder.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads