• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob Loblaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Buda, Tx
    or should I say inexpensive? I'm new to reloading (.40), I've just killed off my first pack of 250 165gr fmj. Where should I look next? Cabela's is around 33$ for 250, theres a gunshow this weekend, will bullets be cheap there? Online?
    Lynx Defense

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The gun show generally doesn't have much in the way of reloading components. There is one guy, but his prices are not very competitive. Cabelas or Sportsmans Warehouse in Round Rock would be my two local choices. McBrides actually has a few good deals on powder and primers, but their bullet selection as of right now is very lacking.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I've not found anything cheap in Austin recent years,;) therefore I order
    most anything firearm related.

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    You might want to check with George at www.keadbullets.com in the DFW area. He carries a lead 155 gr RNSWC for $45 per 1000. He will ship 2,000 in a flat rate USPS box for $10 or so. But, please, call or email him for availability. He's a one man operation and the Bullseye shooters in this area have been keeping him really busy. It could take a while for him to fill your order.

If he's too busy, you might try www.bulletworks.com. Their prices are a little higher, but they are easy to work with and I'm sure could ship the same way KEAD does.

I've used their bullets and highly recommend them.

Duman44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Houston
    Bullseye,
    I talked to George yesterday and ordered a couple of thousand bullets for my various caliber pistols. He sounds like a great guy and has a funny story about the origin of the "Kead" bullet name.
    It seems that George was still working in LE in Dallas area and was in some type of training class where it took a 1000 shots to qualify. He had just started manufacturing his own bullets/reloads and was shooting them for the class.
    Apparently there was a young LE officer from a small department shooting at the same class that was using some substandard reloads and was having a bunch of misfires / jams.
    George is apparentlly a very good shot because one of the other officers in the class suggested to George that he give the young guy some of his Kill Em All Dead reloads.
    George said he sells a lot of bullets to government agencies and in the time of PC had to shorten the name to the acronym Kead.
    It is a great story and I plan on using George for all my cast needs from here on.

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    Duman44

Yep, George told me that story a few years back. :) I've heard that he's really behind in orders. Hope he gets your bullets to you in a timely fashion. He does make a good bullet. I've been very pleased with the quality and like I said, he has a pretty good following among the Bullseye shooters at the Dallas Pistol Club.

Top Bottom