• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Now this is my opinion so don't rip me however I have used scopes from 100- $2000.00 range and I have also used a lot of the low end scopes. SS, Millets, ETC..

and Bushnell has amazing glass. So if you have a gun laying around that you shoot from 100- w/e yards .. This is something incredibly affordable with tact turrets and mil-dots.
    Bushnell Elite 3200 10X40 Target Turret Riflescope Mil-Dot Reticle Matte - Natchez Shooters Supplies
    I think this with the millet rings/base $80.00 combo on top of a rem700 sps woul dbe an incredibly low priced setup for your begginer long range shooter.. It is Xmas time of year y'all!!!

If I needed any more glass I would be getting one of these.
    DK Firearms

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Dunno, I have a cheap 6x-24x Simmons on my 100 yard 22. Works great. I keep hearing the expensive ones are better, but until someone shows me what I am missing...perhaps ignorance is bliss.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've shot cheap scopes, I've shot mid-range scopes and I've had the chance to shoot some high-end stuff like a Springfield counter-sniper scope and a Leupold MkIV.

The expensive stuff? No comparison. That Leupold is clearer and brighter cranked up to 12X than any Bushnell or Simmons is going to be at 3X, with a lot more forgiveness in cheek weld and eye relief than the cheap or mid-range will have. If anything, I'd say there's less difference between the cheap and the mid than either of the two being anywhere in the same range as the good stuff.

I've come to the conclusion that if you want to skimp, skimp on the rifle. Spend more on the scope and don't go cheap with the rings. Not some cheap stamped steel or cast aluminum crap, get something machined and solid. Even an expensive scope is going to suck and a cheap scope is going to suck worse with cheap rings.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Now sage I know there is no way you are giingto believe this but we disagree again. :) I would always skimp on glass before the rifle. Agreed that.good glass is expensive for a reason but I think getting out and shooting is more important and waiting around.to save up for glass is silly. Now if you invented pop rocks yeah by all means go get a 2k scope but if you saved your ass of for a $600-800 out of the box long gun just get a scope up there and start pulling the trigger. I challenge you people to use bushnell products. Next shoot ill bring my night force , 6200 tact, bush range fingers, millet, and some cheap stuff we can compare.

Top Bottom