• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    After I got the Bersa Thunder 380 at the pawn shop with three factory mags for $200 OTD, I see this Rossi 5-shot .38 Spl for $200. It looks to be in excellent condition, like new.

I could probably talk them down to $200 OTD or even less.

What do you think? Worth buying?

BTW, I am a Smith & Wesson snob, but I'll be darned if I'm going to use my prized nickel 27-2 in a defense shooting.

It looks just like this. I think it is the Rossi 351.

Venture Surplus ad

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    I think if you keep this up, you'll owe the forum and consulting fee.

If I keep this up, I won't be able to afford any fees.

The pawn shop has a Rossi/Braztech .22LR/20 ga combo rifle that they are asking $109 for.

I will $260 for both. I have a CHL.

txtrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Buy it and shoot it, it looks like a pretty good deal. Because of my addiction to guns, I can not usually pass up a gun for $200. I am with dadoo, where is your honey hole?

junkyguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    pawn shops are a good place to get good deals ,the ones with crap piled to the ceiling are the best they dont even have most of the stuff priced just ask them what they will take for it then offer half of what you would pay , you may be supprised or run out of the store. I picked up a super clean ruger mkII with a 5.5 heavy barrel for $150 out the door with a trigger lock and spare mag and holster . I could have picked up a mavrick 88 12 ga in decent shape for $70 but just didn't feel the need to park one of them by my remmy's. If you spend a little time digging around you can come up with all sorts of toys , I found a gi mag holder marked $5 asked the guy will he take $3 "sure " it had two new colt 1911 mags in it . further digging I pulled up a diving weight he didn't even know what it was said oh just take it .. melted it down for a dozen and a half 45 bullets. Bonus! accessories can be found out the a$$ and if you are looking for a gun case well they have quite a few laying around in most shops and always insist on getting one if you buy a gun from them.

roy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    How does that effect buying them/it? :confused:

The Texas CHL removes the requirement to call in the transaction for approval as a background check was required for CHL. This saves the dealer time and trouble.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The Texas CHL removes the requirement to call in the transaction for approval as a background check was required for CHL. This saves the dealer time and trouble.

It saves a 1 minute phone call. You still have to fill out the 4473, and now, a multiple firearm purchase form. They aren't saving any time or trouble unless you are normally delayed.

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    I'd personally would rather put the $200 towards a J-Frame or Ruger. I've seen numerous Rossi's firing out of time.

I didn't get the Rossi. I got this S & W 19-5 instead for $300. Good deal?

Smith & Wesson model 19-5 .38Spl/.357 Mag K-frame with 2-1/2" barrel (I really like the barrel length)

side1oy7.jpg

side2th5.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom