• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I took my name off the mailing list and told them why. If they get enough people expressing their disgust, they might get the message. $50 a box for S&B .380 FMJ ammo is beyond gouging. Misrepresenting it as "perfect for self defense" is bordering on criminal. They will never get another penny of my money.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I took my name off the mailing list and told them why. If they get enough people expressing their disgust, they might get the message. $50 a box for S&B .380 FMJ ammo is beyond gouging. Misrepresenting it as "perfect for self defense" is bordering on criminal. They will never get another penny of my money.

That's just crazy pricing. But I'm sure there are some idiots that will pay that price, which further exacerbates the gouging.

But, as to the usefulness of FMJ .380 for defense; I'm don't know the ballistics on the S&B loading, but there are a lot of people that prefer FMJ in .380r for penetration reasons. If it is a wimpy round than of course to refer to it as perfect for SD is asinine.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    That's just crazy pricing. But I'm sure there are some idiots that will pay that price, which further exacerbates the gouging.

But, as to the usefulness of FMJ .380 for defense; I'm don't know the ballistics on the S&B loading, but there are a lot of people that prefer FMJ in .380r for penetration reasons. If it is a wimpy round than of course to refer to it as perfect for SD is asinine.

I will not argue with one person's informed choice of using .380 FMJ's for SD, but to advertise such ammo as "perfect for self defense" is irresponsible at best. "Marginally acceptable for self defense" would be acceptable, but I am not in marketing for such a business.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom