• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    I like Palmetto State Armory and have ordered a ton of stuff from them, including a firearm last month. They aren't the only ones doing it, but this kind of advertising just gripes my ass. None of these items are priced any lower for their Labor Day sale than they were two or three weeks ago.

View attachment 226130
    View attachment 226131

That's business.

There are a LOT of people who won't buy anything unless it's on sale...and a lot of people who will buy almost anything if it's on sale...

We advertise our remodeling services, and flyers without the words "SALE" or "SPECIAL" get, literally, 1/4th as many responses as those with...regardless of the actual price.

Likewise, it's entirely possible that what you and I consider their regular prices are actually sale prices.... I'm not saying that's the case, merely positing that it may be.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    1602181085991.png

baseball8819

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Dallas
    I like Palmetto State Armory and have ordered a ton of stuff from them, including a firearm last month. They aren't the only ones doing it, but this kind of advertising just gripes my ass. None of these items are priced any lower for their Labor Day sale than they were two or three weeks ago.

View attachment 226130
    View attachment 226131

This is a fairly common tactic in ecommerce, not specific to guns or the firearm industry. It's generally known as anchoring and generally works on a certain type or customer and largely the reason many retailers love having a MSRP to bounce up again. By setting that anchor price (or MSRR/Regular price), any markdown looks like a good deal. For the few who have more money than sense, seeing a deal and being deal-driven, they may pull the trigger without research the market price because "it's just so marked down". Fairly known by now, I just don't think a lot of people know the technical term for it.

Top Bottom