• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Did anyone notice cheaper than dirts after election price gouging. Ammo is up pmags are up 4 bucks, wwb 40 cal is 44 dollars for 100 rounds. Xd subcompact mags are 49 for 9mm and 59.00 for 40 cal
    DK Firearms

Rob1796

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Colleyville
    I bought my Glock and a few boxes of ammo from CTD, but thats about it.

I often find that, when compared to others, they are not actually cheaper than dirt. A good buddy of mine was about to buy a Glock 21 from them, but it was upwards of $100 cheaper at the gun show, so he bought it there instead.

The 100 rounds of WWB .40 I bought there on Saturday (happened to be there, why the hell not) was $34. Bass Pro is closer to me and seems to have the same prices if not cheaper, and a better stock. CTD is good for some of the more obtuse stuff, but otherwise *shrug*, just another Army Navy store.

dtalley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Lost in BCS
    I was at the Conroe Gun Show this past weekend and the prices where higher there also. I have heard about other gun related company's raising their prices also since Obamanation has started.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I just bought some Hornady TAP .223 and .308 here in Dallas today.

I paid:
    .223 $12.99
    .308 $25.99

Cheaper than dirt, same ammo, gr & box qty
    What I would have been charged at CTD, per their website:
    .223 $28.49
    .308 $49.97

WOW!! That is a huge difference!!

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Went there today for some pmags and in the magazine they are 15.00 and they wouldnt sell them to me for that at the catalog counter they said the price jumped to 19 sumptin and that all assault rifle associated things were raised due to there vendor raising prices, I asked him about price gouging after the election and he said no the vendors were doing it.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Some of the vendors are doing it. The price of lowers went up just before the election, and now that every single one they get goes out the door, you can expect pricing to remain high, if not go higher.

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    No "vendors" have raised prices on the 20 round AK mags, so what is CTD's excuse? CTD has had them in stock for months on end just collecting dust (I know, I have the page saved in my favorites). They were $15 now they are $40!!! Of course, you can buy them at only $30 from CTD since they "claim" you are saving 25% if you buy from them I know of at least 5 other sources that still have plenty of them in the $15 range.

MAG-028 - Mag AK-47 20 Round Tanker Mags Hungarian Unissued Condition Blued Steel

CTD can kiss my ass. I am ashamed that they are located in this state. This is not about supply and demand or capitalism, it's about greed, plain and simple.

TJ Willy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Wichita Falls
    I am not sure why some folks in my circles talk so highly of CTD. Maybe they use to actually be Cheaper Than Dirt. I wonder if someone bought the company and changed a few policies. Maybe they should have changed the name as well. "Cheaper Than Concrete - Well Almost." They will pass on the price hikes from vendors but I was looking at ammo several weeks before the election was certain and still saw prices higher than what I could get at the gun shop here.

SiNNiK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Austin, Tx.
    I am not sure why some folks in my circles talk so highly of CTD. Maybe they use to actually be Cheaper Than Dirt. I wonder if someone bought the company and changed a few policies. Maybe they should have changed the name as well. "Cheaper Than Concrete - Well Almost." They will pass on the price hikes from vendors but I was looking at ammo several weeks before the election was certain and still saw prices higher than what I could get at the gun shop here.

At least your gun shop isn't on the gouging band wagon. There's a store here in Austin that tried to charge me nearly $50 for one AK magazine.

Once all this dust settles, I may still "shop" there, but I'll remember who it was that tried to screw me and if there is ANY competition when I looking for something to buy, I'll buy it elsewhere.

Their ammo prices went up a dollar a day last week too. Last time I checked it was at $8.95 a box. I just remember that and it makes it easier to pay the $4.87 at Academy.

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    I shop at CTD sometimes because they're local or online because they usually ship quickly.

CTD's prices have always been horrific - the election just made them worse. They've been consistently worse than other independent local gun stores for that matter.

I think the appeal of CTD is that they appeal to the, er, mall ninja demographic and stocks a wide line of merchandise that's difficult to find elsewhere.

• Want an AK with all the trimmings (ammo, magazines, speedloaders, etc)? CTD can set you up.
    • Need an AR with a weaponlight, holo- or red dot-sight, railed forearm, and ten more pounds of railmount accessories? You're but twenty minutes, a 4473 form, and years of credit card debt away.
    • Every pistol used in popular videogames for the past ten years? Check.
    • Airsoft, "tactical" nylon gear, knives, MRE's, ammo cans, snarky T-shirts, weapon manuals, camo galore, and questionable ammo (read: Extreme Shock and Glaser) can all be had in one spot.
    Many other gun stores in the area cater to hunters and skip the "assault rifle" stuff (or at least the AK's and accessories). CTD also has an immense variety of ammo (even if their stock is spotty) that no other local gun store I've been to can match.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    At least your gun shop isn't on the gouging band wagon. There's a store here in Austin that tried to charge me nearly $50 for one AK magazine.

Once all this dust settles, I may still "shop" there, but I'll remember who it was that tried to screw me and if there is ANY competition when I looking for something to buy, I'll buy it elsewhere.

Their ammo prices went up a dollar a day last week too. Last time I checked it was at $8.95 a box. I just remember that and it makes it easier to pay the $4.87 at Academy.

Name the store. If you won't in the thread, then PM me.

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    Wal Mart has 40 S&W for $12.67-50 rds Blazer Brass and 100 rd winchester for $28 plus tax. When wal mart is stocked they are the cheapest by far, but you have to call every day early and see if they got any ammo in and if they did you better hurry b/c it will be gone within an hour or two. The only thing I have against going to wal mart is that I like to support my local gun stores who are doing the right thing and not price gouging. Without them I would have to go through a lot of trouble to get a gun and I like to support small business'.

Top Bottom