• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • checcles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    El Paso
    Im about to expire with my Utah permit and in order to renew they are requiring me to get my CHL in Texas (since I barely just became a resident) and send it to them. Kinda pointless to renew the Utah one then since it looks like I have to pay full price for a Texas CHL. What's the best place to get it down in El Paso? How long is the wait here in Texas? Thanks.
    Gun Zone Deals

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Should take about a month from the time you send your packet.

I have no idea where to go in El Paso but I would caution against looking at price alone. This will probably be your introduction to Texas self defense laws and a quality class is more important than a cheap one IMO.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    El Paso
    The Ft. Bliss Rod and Gun Club has an instructor that has fairly decent prices, I believe it's around $110 for initial applicants, maybe you can get a deal since you've had a CHL previously from another state. Sportsman's Elite also has a course going on $90 for the course. You'll still have to pay the fee to TXDPS though, I think that's around $114

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    El Paso
    I just finished the CHL course at Sportsman's Elite, great course and a very knowledgeable instructor. They have a new indoor shooting range too, very nice to shoot it. I'd recommend that IMHO

moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    Check out Statewidepds. He charges $80 for Military (Active, Retired, and dependents) and $100 for civilians. I took the class today and it was very informative. He also offers good advice and tips when you are doing your proficiency.

Top Bottom