• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm in the market for a new phone plan... I want unlimited or a lot of texts for cheap. Don't really care about the voice side and don't need data either.

A couple of years ago I had a pre-paid plan from Tmobile that had unlimited texting and I think something like 20¢ a minute for voice for only $15/mo. It doesn't seem like they have anything like that anymore, but that plan was perfect for me.

Anyone have any recommendations? I'd like to be able to use my old G1, too to avoid having to buy a new one.
    Hurley's Gold

xd.40

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    dallas tx
    Metro pcs has this thing where they do unlimited talk and text for 25 bucks a month that's tax and fees included. I got it for my youngest sister. its no contract I didn't pay deposit. all I paid for was the 25 upfront. she did have an old metropcs phone so I wouldn't be able to tell u if you can use your G1 but im sure you can go online and find out. also they have a customer service number on the receipt they gave me, im sure I can find if u need it. hope this helps, good luck.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I would need a PCS phone for metro, but it's the cheapest plan I've seen. I should be able to use my G1 on cricket, but I'll have to double check... Thanks for the suggestions.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Well, I ended up getting an ATT GoPhone... $25 per month for unlimited texts and 250min talk was the best deal I could find. Even though I wanted to cheap out and just use my old G1, I ended up buying a Nokia 520 for $99. I'm actually really liking this phone; seems like a lot of phone for the price. My favorite thing about it so far is that you can download maps for free for offline use. This is really useful for me since I don't have a data plan and am often in areas where signal is spotty.

Top Bottom