• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    CD,

I understand your frustration, but appreciate that seller's onerous particulars can be dismissed for the many who aren't anal or suffer with OCD or maybe it's STD?

Anyway forget about that jerk and buy from normal sellers. There are plenty of law abiding sellers who aren't filled with anxiety.
    Target Sports

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    I'm from OLD Virginia, not the new Virginia run by carpetbaggers. And Texas feels like Virginia did 40 years ago. Not hardly!

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I was of the understanding that the seller wasn't required (as such) to see a driver's license to make a sale. "If" the seller is not aware that a buyer is not prohibited from buying/owning a firearm, the seller has broken no laws. I (personally) would not ask for a driver's license other than to see a picture of the buyer on it which should be sufficient to show Texas residency.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I was of the understanding that the seller wasn't required (as such) to see a driver's license to make a sale. "If" the seller is not aware that a buyer is not prohibited from buying/owning a firearm, the seller has broken no laws. I (personally) would not ask for a driver's license other than to see a picture of the buyer on it which should be sufficient to show Texas residency.

I do the same - the license is so that I'm reassured they're a legal Texas resident, and I require that they reaffirm (via our discussion) that they can legally own a firearm. It's all part of a free-flowing conversation. I HAVE refused to sell when I get a "squirrelly" feeling about a buyer, but that's been VERY rare. MOST folks I've encountered are good people.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I have an LTC, just issued last week.
    The seller's post stated that the transfer would need to go through an FFL. I contacted him and asked if a current LTC and bill of sale would work instead of going to an FFL. He replied that there is no way to determine if an LTC was still valid or if it had been revoked.

The status of your LTC is none of his concern. Buy a gun from someone who is not an idiot

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Might add - he's wanting his cake and to eat it, too. He wants the "safety" of selling to an FFL while getting full retail for it. Tell him to piss up a rope!

Or tell him to choke on a bag of
    31084E6E-1404-4FAC-8F9C-279338A4E6AA.jpeg

Attachments

• 31084E6E-1404-4FAC-8F9C-279338A4E6AA.jpeg
      31084E6E-1404-4FAC-8F9C-279338A4E6AA.jpeg
      140.6 KB · Views: 700

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    Might add - he's wanting his cake and to eat it, too. He wants the "safety" of selling to an FFL while getting full retail for it. Tell him to piss up a rope!

An LCP II with IWB and pocket holsters, three extra magazines and two boxes of bullets for $300? I can't even come close to that for just the gun in any LGS. Help me out here- where can I find good deals?

Reactions: gll

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    An LCP II with IWB and pocket holsters, three extra magazines and two boxes of bullets for $300? I can't even come close to that for just the gun in any LGS. Help me out here- where can I find good deals?
    https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/ruger-lcp-ii-380-acp-pistol

https://www.rkguns.com/ruger-lcp-ii-380-auto-subcompact-pistol-3750.html

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ruger-lcp-ii-380acp-pistol-black-3750.html

https://www.budsgunshop.com/mobile/product/22617/redirect

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    No, Hoji didn't include with IWB and pocket holsters, three extra magazines and two boxes of bullets.
    What good are bullets if you don't have actual cartridges? :popcorn:

And I don't know about anyone else, but holsters don't add value to a purchase--I want holsters that work for me, not holsters that didn't work for you. And I'm left-handed, so don't try to add a holster, charge me more, and expect me to be happy about it.

NOT directed @Coiled , but I just quoted your post. ;)

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    What good are bullets if you don't have actual cartridges? :popcorn:

And I don't know about anyone else, but holsters don't add value to a purchase--I want holsters that work for me, not holsters that didn't work for you. And I'm left-handed, so don't try to add a holster, charge me more, and expect me to be happy about it.

NOT directed @Coiled , but I just quoted your post. ;)
    I think we all knew he meant ammo and I wasn't going to bust his chops over it. YMMV :)

Top Bottom