• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    While technically correct on RIF, you still need to add taxes to your links so . . .

51CF42CA-ADE8-4BCB-85DE-8AC354A95D4E.png
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• 51CF42CA-ADE8-4BCB-85DE-8AC354A95D4E.png
      51CF42CA-ADE8-4BCB-85DE-8AC354A95D4E.png
      51.6 KB · Views: 497

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    And don't forget the fee the FFL is going to charge you to do the paperwork......that's free when you buy one from a LGS. And is the seller going to provide you proof that he legally bought the gun, and that it hasn't been used in a crime already? Maybe the local PD is looking for that gun because it was used in a crime.....

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    And don't forget the fee the FFL is going to charge you to do the paperwork......that's free when you buy one from a LGS. And is the seller going to provide you proof that he legally bought the gun, and that it hasn't been used in a crime already? Maybe the local PD is looking for that gun because it was used in a crime.....

I run every firearm I buy from individuals on this website; it's not gospel but it's caused a sketchy seller to withdraw the sale on more than one occasion:
    https://www.hotgunz.com/

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    No savings is worth compromising your principles to comply with someone who would ask you to. When I see BOS and other made up crap I move on and hope they never sell it, ever. I also make note, should I ever have an item to sell they are on my personal "prohibited person" list. Yeah I can be an ass.

Edit for clarity: their gun their rules of course however actions may have consequences or like my Walmart boycott, no one notices.

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    If there is a really rare piece up for sale that I have been looking to forever I might do the FFL thing, etc. But not for a Ruger LCP II. I personally do a BOS on anything I buy ( I really never sell ) but it is not required by law in Texas. It's just my choice to do. If seller says no than we don't waste time. Personally, I have never had a seller refuse to do a BOS and I have never understood the reluctance of some to use a BOS. Most of the pre paid legal plans suggest you use one if you ever need to prove that the person was legally able to buy/sell a gun in Texas. That of course is a whole other argument. Now if the person was selling a nice Colt Python at a reasonable price I might go the FFL route.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If there is a really rare piece up for sale that I have been looking to forever I might do the FFL thing, etc. But not for a Ruger LCP II. I personally do a BOS on anything I buy ( I really never sell ) but it is not required by law in Texas. It's just my choice to do. If seller says no than we don't waste time. Personally, I have never had a seller refuse to do a BOS and I have never understood the reluctance of some to use a BOS. Most of the pre paid legal plans suggest you use one if you ever need to prove that the person was legally able to buy/sell a gun in Texas. That of course is a whole other argument. Now if the person was selling a nice Colt Python at a reasonable price I might go the FFL route.
    God please not this shit again.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    go-eat-a-bag-of-dicks-8733585.png

Attachments

• go-eat-a-bag-of-dicks-8733585.png
      go-eat-a-bag-of-dicks-8733585.png
      142 KB · Views: 437

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I say find somebody else to buy the LCP from. His gun his rules. I would even be willing to do the Trf but if there are any transfer charges it comes out of the seller's sale price.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    This is an amusing thread. It is amazing how many folks here have gotten their panties in a wad up their wazoos over going through an FFL or doing a bill of sale or whatever. So what if the seller wanted to go through an FFL and the buyer did not want to do so? Sale over at the buyer's discretion by not wanting to go through an FFL or sale continues at his discretion by going through an FFL. Big deal - really! Same goes for a bill of sale - if you don't want to do a bill of sale but the buyer or seller does depending on which you are - so what? If you don't want it - then don't sell it or don't buy it. Seller's gun to sell as he pleases, buyer's money to spend as he pleases. Really - what in Hades is the big deal? Move on, get a life, buy or sell a gun to someone else as you please.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    God please not this shit again.
    Which part bothers you?
    No they don't, because it doesn't prove that the person was legally able to buy/sell a gun in Texas.
    I don't know what the big stink is here. I really don't care what you all think about BOS, I buy on my own basis and if I don't like the deal I don't buy. My business only and no reason to be called a dick. The BOS I use comes from Texasguntrader and has the buyer, me, certify the usual "I am qualified" stuff and has my and sellers DL or LTC info. If there is ever a question about selling or buying to a person legally allowed to buy/sell I can show due diligence. That's it. One can be prosecuted for selling to someone not legally able to own a gun. I personally don't sell guns, I buy but I would not buy from someone that didn't want to know that I am a legal buyer. So if that makes me a dick so be it. Obviously I will not be buying from some of the commenters on this post. Unfortunately for you as I spend big.

Top Bottom