Capitol Armory ad

Checkering On Sig P320 Mag Release Button?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nexus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Quick question for all you out there. Has anyone here taken a file and cross cut the grooves on the mag release button on a Sig P320 to make it fully checkered? Just wondering if anyone did this already and wanted to see how it turned out. I am attaching a pic of the stock Mag Release Button. I know there are a variety of after market buttons for the P320 but I was just seeing if anyone else has messed around with this idea.
    Military Camp

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210211-152747_Google.jpg
      Screenshot_20210211-152747_Google.jpg
      9.3 KB · Views: 102

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Out of curiosity, why? The mag release isn't something you need much texturing on, and you will make the surface harder to clean

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I routinely do this to the mag release and the to slide release on any 1911 which I acquire, however my single Sig 320 Vtac functions fine as is.

Nexus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Out of curiosity, why? The mag release isn't something you need much texturing on, and you will make the surface harder to clean
    Without making a more complicated piece like an extended or paddle button. Just wanted to get a little more purchase on my mag release on my Carry Grip Module. My thumb can reach the X Compact Grip I have and fit just fine. But for the most part it is just a small little project to do. I have about 5 of these factory buttons to mess with so my thought would be "Why not?" Just seeing if anyone else has done it before. And personally I am a fan of checked mag release buttons.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Without making a more complicated piece like an extended or paddle button. Just wanted to get a little more purchase on my mag release on my Carry Grip Module. My thumb can reach the X Compact Grip I have and fit just fine. But for the most part it is just a small little project to do. I have about 5 of these factory buttons to mess with so my thought would be "Why not?" Just seeing if anyone else has done it before. And personally I am a fan of checked mag release buttons.

I mean, don't let me stop you, but if you aren't getting the purchase you want, a few extra lines wont help.

And the magazine release isn't something you need grip on, its not the front strap or back strap.

The only issue you'll have is that sigs metal loves to rust, and checkering is a real bitch to clean vs regular serrations. I would only do it if you planned on having a good finish done to it, like Ceracoat or Np3

Top Bottom