• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • So_Tx_Rich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    At the risk of raising the ire of "Those Who Take Umbrage Easily", here's my reply to your comment: Too bad her uniform isn't as sparse as the background.

No Doubt.

For the sake of a rundown of what she is wearing:

-Standard issue boots & fatigue pants
    -A standard issue "rack" which holds magazines, body armor plates, etc.
    -A black top, which, based on the story is to make her better fit in with local women.
    -A "Hijab" which is the headgear she has on, and can be pulled up at any time to hide her face.
    -An M-4 carbine rifle (standard issue)

All I'm getting at is that nothing she is wearing is unusual for what she is purported to do for the military. She is an MI officer and her job is to interact and attempt to win hearts and minds of locals. That's what we do when the fighting gets to the point that the locals get tired of fighting and start to realize that we are on their side. It's really the only way to win an insurgent war IMO.
    Lynx Defense

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    No Doubt.

For the sake of a rundown of what she is wearing:

-Standard issue boots & fatigue pants
    -A standard issue "rack" which holds magazines, body armor plates, etc.
    -A black top, which, based on the story is to make her better fit in with local women.
    -A "Hijab" which is the headgear she has on, and can be pulled up at any time to hide her face.
    -An M-4 carbine rifle (standard issue)

All I'm getting at is that nothing she is wearing is unusual for what she is purported to do for the military. She is an MI officer and her job is to interact and attempt to win hearts and minds of locals. That's what we do when the fighting gets to the point that the locals get tired of fighting and start to realize that we are on their side. It's really the only way to win an insurgent war IMO.
    You might have missed the "male chauvinist" bent of my comment. ;>)

doublenut9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Troy
    The culture there is different, so you have adapt to it. If bringing women into the field is a help in getting intel, then I am all for it. In conflicts past that was not a necessity, so it wasn't used.
    She is serving her country, I think it is great.

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    uh huh - here's how the Marines feel about women in uniform :

Marine Corps delays pull-up requirement for women | Fox News

like I posted, no wonder the US hasn't won a war since the '40s ! jesus, even the Point is performing same sex marriages - what a wonderful world we have become - we're quickly turning to salt folks :argue:

Wait.. We were only supposed to do 3? They had my ass on that bar all damn day... We might be boned after all..

Top Bottom