d1221r2.jpg
    Military Camp

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Interesting story, but is she actually humping a ruck on patrols with her fellow operators or showing up after firefights with the Taliban?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Attached to spec ops team does not equal part of spec ops team. She's a cultural affairs officer who the guys take into the field...

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    .."designed to attach women to existing special ops units with the express purpose of relating more effectively to local women"..

total b.s. - no wonder the US hasn't won a war since the 1940s ! (but wuddaya expect with a E5/6 running the Pentagon and john kerry out doing osama's wishes ? - rhetorical question)

the US is in BIG trouble folks !

Last edited:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    .."designed to attach women to existing special ops units with the express purpose of relating more effectively to local women"..

total b.s. - no wonder the US hasn't won a war since the 1940s !

I've heard about this program from guys on the teams, and it's actually very effective. Men and women talking to each other is a little... different in that culture. Having a woman to talk to the woman breaks down all kinds of barriers. It's been a very effective way to get intelligence from what I understand.

Booyah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    San Antonio
    Why jump straight to all this disrespect? The article clearly states that she is an intelligence officer...not infantry, special forces or otherwise. The author may have attempted to use some 'impressive' language like 'operator'...but you know she didn't right the article herself right? They aren't even tying to make her out to be the next Sgt. York or anything. By all accounts she is serving her country admirably in a combat zone which is more than most have done (including myself). Props to her...she deserves our thanks.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Why jump straight to all this disrespect? The article clearly states that she is an intelligence officer...not infantry, special forces or otherwise. The author may have attempted to use some 'impressive' language like 'operator'...but you know she didn't right the article herself right? They aren't even tying to make her out to be the next Sgt. York or anything. By all accounts she is serving her country admirably in a combat zone which is more than most have done (including myself). Props to her...she deserves our thanks.
    I can't speak for the others but my post wasn't disrespectful in the least, it asked a legitimate question. The pic looks posed to me, but I might be wrong.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Well said, thanks.

Thank you for your service Lt. Washburn :usflag:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Definitely wasn't disrespect on my part, just a clarification of facts.

I didn't see anything disrespectful in your post, doubt anyone else did either.

Excellent explanation of why she is there for those who don't understand the cultural difference.

Edit:I was thinking of post 6, the other could be taken differently I guess. As well as some that seem to be trying to take away from what she is doing.

Last edited:

Booyah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    San Antonio
    I can't speak for the others but my post wasn't disrespectful in the least, it asked a legitimate question. The pic looks posed to me, but I might be wrong.

I am sure it is not intentional on your part but both of your "legitimate" questions are off-topic, unnecessary and disrespectful. There is an appropriate time and place for everything. All this was about is offering a simple ataboy and a thank you that are deserved. Regardless of whether or not it is intentional...to pollute that with unnecessary questions about the nature of her service, while it is not the end of the world, it is disrespectful.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Loads of respect for any person (man or woman) who knowingly volunteers to go into harms way in the service of our nation.

Hats off to her and all the others that do the same.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I am sure it is not intentional on your part but both of your "legitimate" questions are off-topic, unnecessary and disrespectful. There is an appropriate time and place for everything. All this was about is offering a simple ataboy and a thank you that are deserved. Regardless of whether or not it is intentional...to pollute that with unnecessary questions about the nature of her service, while it is not the end of the world, it is disrespectful.

X2

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Robb in Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Gtown
    I'd let her question me with extreme prejudice. If you know what I mean. ;)

On a more serious note; good for her and I appreciate her service.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    2 points:

- Does a military intelligence officer walk around decked out like a warrior carrying the rifle or is this just to make the article look good?
    - I was really digging the article up til the very end where she said she wants to stay in to address gender equality.

Top Bottom