Cheney endorses Hutchinson

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oldguy, Nov 18, 2009.

1. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
  2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Nope

3. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    IMO she is simply another McCain,sits on the fence waiting to see which way the wind blows, Texas doesn't need her as governor.

4. TexasR.N.

TexasR.N. Active Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Won't change my mind. I am disappointed in Cheney, I generally like listening to him speak but was a little surprised that he backed Hutchinson. Then after a little more thought I decided that this is just another example of one Washington insider supporting another Washington insider.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that she won't give up her Senatorial seat because she knows Perry will appoint someone more conservative than her, adding to her problems running against him.

Craig

5. saltydog

saltydog Member

Nov 4, 2009
    el paso
    political payback

6. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    My thoughts exactley.... when she announced that she was not giving it up that was the second thing that crossed my mind, the first was that she has no illusions about winning this race and wants to maintain a job. The tinfoil side of me says that she is trying to pull a Perot and split the vote to ensure victory for the other side.....

7. res1b3uq

res1b3uq Active Member

Feb 14, 2009
    This doesn't change my opinion of KBH at all. The more she talks, the lower her rating goes.

8. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Active Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    When in doubt vote for the guy the RNC or the big wig republicans don't endorse. The party gets it wrong with amazing consistency.

9. APatriot

APatriot Active Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
  10. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

Jan 28, 2009
    I tried to get her opinion on how she was going to vote on the horse slaughter bill for 6 months. I called, e-mailed,sent letters every week. Got a few letters and e-mails that said she was looking into the issue, never took a side. I think she would be the same as a Gov. Not what this state needs, especially at this time. Plus Perry is a shooter,which is nice to have in our corner.