Chest holster anyone..??

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Castrolr1, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Castrolr1

Castrolr1 Member

Dec 20, 2008
    http://www.survivalsheath.com/main/home.htm

i thought this idea was pretty cool
    Just lookin for pros and cons from anyone who may have tried something similar

2. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Uhh...

Yeah. As if your seat belt doesn't cross right over the center of your chest where the holster sits.

What!? RBCD? You mean that over-priced, under-performing snake oil ammo? :mad0079:

Looks over-priced to me, and doesn't look like a terribly sound design. Then again, I've been wrong...

3. kville79

kville79 Active Member

May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Concept is great, most my friends are buying Black Hawk Serpa holsters and tying them down to their IBA's as a cross draw chest rig for use in vehicles, especially while in the turret. I plan on doing the same. I do agree with Mr. Sage, this particular rig looks overpriced and a friction rentention system is not what I would want in this kinda setup.

4. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...3-blackhawk-level-2-serpa-holster-review.html

There are some pics of the Serpa MOLLE platform and some pics of it mounted on my cheapo knock off plate carrier. I like it, it works well and all. Though, I really just don't like the placement on the chest. Personally I prefer a much more natural drawstroke like from a hip or thigh holster. For vehicle use when wearing a vest, personally I would think it would be significantly more convenient.

5. kville79

kville79 Active Member

May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Outstanding review... how much did that speed clip platform run you?

6. SIG_Fiend

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I think the molle clip platform was like $15. It's rock solid too as it's made out of the same carbon fiber reinforced, polymer material as the more expensive Serpa's.

7. kville79

kville79 Active Member

May 24, 2008
    Austin
    thanks, now all I need to know is where to pick one up!

8. SIG_Fiend

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
  9. kville79

kville79 Active Member

May 24, 2008
    Austin
    NICE!!!.. thanks!

Purchases the whole setup including holster for under 35.00 now that's a deal!

10. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I love my Serpa holster. I need to pick up the MOLLE attachment for it.