• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yimpyomp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    I'm looking for a good vest that I can use to keep all of my ar magazines in. Does anyone know of any good ones? My old one some fox tactical thing, but after owning their stuff for a bit it's clear that they're crappy knockoffs. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Gun Zone Deals

yimpyomp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    Sorry, I thought chest rig was the same thing as a tactical vest. I'm looking for a tactical vest, not a plate carrier though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Tactical, that comes in "real" men sizes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Lol define "'real' men sizes"

Also, if you're just looking for a standard plain old tactical vest, you can't really go too wrong with either UTG or Condor brands. Both tend to make pretty solid performers.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Lol that's definitely a real man's size. I don't know of many vests that can handle such manliness. As I said earlier, Condor (and yes, definitely Blackhawk as well, though careful about brand-name pricing at certain retailers for Blackhawk gear) makes pretty good tactical vests, even for the manliest of manly men. If you don't have a lot of experience with a wide range of tactical vests, it should be noted that most of them are highly adjustable and the proper vest size to fit you might very well be one or two sizes lower than your regular clothing sizes. The best way to ensure a correct fit is to go to a place that sells them (i.e. Military Surplus stores and the like), and try a few on and get a feel for sizes, then go out and find one you want in the size you know you fit.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I use the T.A.G. Phalanx Chest Rig Type 2 MOLLE from time to time and I'm pleased with it. Comfortable wear and not too bulky. The additional pouches on each side can be configured to a holster or hold more mags. I use one for an IFAK and the other for a radio. The added MOLLE lets you add a knife, pistol mag pouches and whatever else you want pretty easily.

Reaper277

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    I've found some good deals at the military surplus stores before, I don't know that they'll have the extra man size you'll need though.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Still in search of a good rig myself. I have a few in mind but waiting to find someone who has one I can try before I buy

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    5e2avy3y.jpg

sent from the bathroom

newguy4104

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Northeast of Dallas
    I purchased the recon chest rig from Amazon a while back. Now it is certainly not a plate carrier, it actually is really comfortable, holds a fair amount of magazines without adjustments and has room for additional attachment points. The sizing is fairly large, I am 6' 290 lbs and wide in the shoulders (as well a bit around the equator) and it fits me just fine.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    I myself have a Banshee plate carrier. I prefer plate carriers (but that's just me) because it fits all my needs. If I don't need the plates, I can take them out and be just fine using it as a regular vest, but still have the ability of a plate carrier if I so choose.

Top Bottom