Join TexasGunTalk

Chevy or Ford?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by rl96ss, Nov 2, 2013.

1. rl96ss

rl96ss Well-Known

Feb 20, 2013
    South Texas
    Since we have a Glock or Sig thread. Why not Chevy or Ford? Me ? Chevy all the way, especially the classics. Nothing like a old school Chevy.

2. TxBigfoot

TxBigfoot Active Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    Old school, Chevy. New, Ford. I'm thinking about buying a new truck next year, if I do, it'll be an F150. I've already bailed out Chevy, I don't wanna pay for one twice. A friend of mine bought a new 4x4 Chevy 2 yrs ago, that thing was a pos. I'm sure it was just a lemon, but I didn't like anything about it. He now has an ecoboost F150, it beats the Chevy in every category IMO. I love my Dodge, the Hemi's are bulletproot, but the whole bailout thing will keep me from buying a new one.

3. itchin

itchin TGT Addict

Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I like em both like sigs and glocks. I have more windshield time In fords due to my employment.

4. kurt

kurt Well-Known TGT Supporter

If you pick Glock and Sig as your examples, why two American trucks?

5. shortround

shortround TGT Addict

Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I prefer my 2005 Dodge Ram, 2500 Cummins. Just seems like a good way to transport a boat load of Colts, Smiths, Winchesters, Remingtons, and Rugers to a shoot.

I'd buy a Steyr Truck or a BMW to transport Glocks or Sigs if I had the money and had enough aspirin for all the headaches that would create.

6. rl96ss

rl96ss Well-Known

Feb 20, 2013
    South Texas
    Just cause of the Sig vs Glock thread. Had nothing to do with where they were made. Just preferances that's all. Who wants a Bmw vs Lexus thread. Besides aren't they both made in USA now?

7. rl96ss

rl96ss Well-Known

Feb 20, 2013
    South Texas
    Steyr truck. Interesting, never heard of it. Had to Google it. Now I know!

8. Texasgordo

Texasgordo TGT Addict

May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I love them both plus Dodge. I have had only pick up trucks since I started driving. 2 chevys, 2 fords, and now drive my second Dodge. They were not perfect but each had their perks.

9. orbitup

orbitup Sticker Cop TGT Supporter

Nov 6, 2010
    South of Dallas
    I'm a Chevy guy all the way. I drive an 06 GMC with 172k on it right now. Runs like a top.

10. Texasjack

Texasjack TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I have a Chevy pickup - so I have to say I'd prefer Ford.

Basically, I won't buy another GM vehicle because of the whole bailout deal. F*ing "Government Motors" will never get my money again.

But the truck has one problem after another - usually electrical. It's a serious POS. First, the CD player stuck (permanently) and GM wouldn't fix it. The passenger side window won't work. Had it fixed a dozen times and finally gave up. At least 5 times per week, the heat will suddenly go on full blast and the only way to make it stop is to pull over and shut the truck off, then restart. I had to have the gauges fixed twice; the stepper motors that move the dials burn out after about 50K miles. If there's a thunderstorm, all the electronics reset themselves (like for door locks and such.) Right now, the emissions light is on, but there's nothing wrong with the system, just the damned sender. I just can't afford to replace it at the moment, but if that lottery ticket ever pays off, I'll be buying a new truck on the way home from the lottery office.

I know the guys with big trucks like the Dodge because it beats everyone else out for power, but their smaller trucks don't ride or hold up as well as the Fords and Chevys.