• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Even though my Ford diesels have been nightmares I am still loyal. As soon as I can upgrade to a newer 6.7 I am all over it. Ford has been good to me about warranty extensions for the crappy motors anyways.

I have driven 1 tons from all big three makers. Ford makes a superior truck. The quality difference is huge and I know many people happily switching back to Fords with this new engine.

As far as half ton trucks and cars I believe the quality difference is there also.

All that and the whole bailout thing will keep me in Fords for a long time. Just don't buy a Ford 6.0 or 6.4 diesel. People have had luck with them but not me.
    Gun Zone Deals

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I prefer my 2005 Dodge Ram, 2500 $#@!mins. Just seems like a good way to transport a boat load of Colts, Smiths, Winchesters, Remingtons, and Rugers to a shoot.

I'd buy a Steyr Truck or a BMW to transport Glocks or Sigs if I had the money and had enough aspirin for all the headaches that would create.
    We drive Steyr trucks in the Canadian Army, known as the HLVW (Heavy Logistic Vehicle Wheeled). Here's a pic of one towing a TLAR (Trailer, Launch And Recovery) Class 40 matting which we placed on the approaches to our Bailey bridges so tracked vehicles wouldn't tear up the approach the bridge. The Class 40 matting also makes a great expedient helicopter landing pad in forward operating areas. Can_HLVW.jpg

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    We drive Steyr trucks in the Canadian Army, known as the HLVW (Heavy Logistic Vehicle Wheeled). Here's a pic of one towing a TLAR (Trailer, Launch And Recovery) Class 40 matting which we placed on the approaches to our Bailey bridges so tracked vehicles wouldn't tear up the approach the bridge. The Class 40 matting also makes a great expedient helicopter landing pad in forward operating areas. View attachment 24791 [/QUOTE)
    Not sure if they are still manufacturing them in SEALY, TX but i used to deliver industrial gases to Stewart & Stevenson, who also made HLVW trucks for the Military. (Loved to watch them do their small test track, they had an incredible steep climb, then a park test near the top. then the ascent down the other side.)

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I just traded my 07 Silverado and after a 15 year stint with Chevy, I went with the Ford F150 , 5.0 liter 4X4

here are the reasons, in no particular order

The rear leg room in the crew cab Ford 1/2 is just crazy big now. Way more than Chevy
    Ford offered a longer bed in 1/2 ton than Chevy. It used to be you were stuck with a 5'8", but now Ford offered a 6.5 ft bed in a longer wheel base
    Ford interior is layed out nice. My truck has 10 cup holders with fold down center console
    Ford had an option electric locking Eaton differential which I got with my 4X4 package.
    Ford didn't take the bail out money.
    Ford has an integrated trailer brake controller and stores brake settings for different trailers you pull

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom