• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Since we have a Glock or Sig thread. Why not Chevy or Ford? Me ? Chevy all the way, especially the classics. Nothing like a old school Chevy.
    Venture Surplus ad

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    Old school, Chevy. New, Ford. I'm thinking about buying a new truck next year, if I do, it'll be an F150. I've already bailed out Chevy, I don't wanna pay for one twice. A friend of mine bought a new 4x4 Chevy 2 yrs ago, that thing was a pos. I'm sure it was just a lemon, but I didn't like anything about it. He now has an ecoboost F150, it beats the Chevy in every category IMO. I love my Dodge, the Hemi's are bulletproot, but the whole bailout thing will keep me from buying a new one.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I prefer my 2005 Dodge Ram, 2500 Cummins. Just seems like a good way to transport a boat load of Colts, Smiths, Winchesters, Remingtons, and Rugers to a shoot.

I'd buy a Steyr Truck or a BMW to transport Glocks or Sigs if I had the money and had enough aspirin for all the headaches that would create.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    If you pick Glock and Sig as your examples, why two American trucks?
    Just cause of the Sig vs Glock thread. Had nothing to do with where they were made. Just preferances that's all. Who wants a Bmw vs Lexus thread. Besides aren't they both made in USA now?

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    I prefer my 2005 Dodge Ram, 2500 $#@!mins. Just seems like a good way to transport a boat load of Colts, Smiths, Winchesters, Remingtons, and Rugers to a shoot.

I'd buy a Steyr Truck or a BMW to transport Glocks or Sigs if I had the money and had enough aspirin for all the headaches that would create.
    Steyr truck. Interesting, never heard of it. Had to Google it. Now I know!

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I love them both plus Dodge. I have had only pick up trucks since I started driving. 2 chevys, 2 fords, and now drive my second Dodge. They were not perfect but each had their perks.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I have a Chevy pickup - so I have to say I'd prefer Ford.

Basically, I won't buy another GM vehicle because of the whole bailout deal. F*ing "Government Motors" will never get my money again.

But the truck has one problem after another - usually electrical. It's a serious POS. First, the CD player stuck (permanently) and GM wouldn't fix it. The passenger side window won't work. Had it fixed a dozen times and finally gave up. At least 5 times per week, the heat will suddenly go on full blast and the only way to make it stop is to pull over and shut the truck off, then restart. I had to have the gauges fixed twice; the stepper motors that move the dials burn out after about 50K miles. If there's a thunderstorm, all the electronics reset themselves (like for door locks and such.) Right now, the emissions light is on, but there's nothing wrong with the system, just the damned sender. I just can't afford to replace it at the moment, but if that lottery ticket ever pays off, I'll be buying a new truck on the way home from the lottery office.

I know the guys with big trucks like the Dodge because it beats everyone else out for power, but their smaller trucks don't ride or hold up as well as the Fords and Chevys.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Old school, Chevy. New, Ford. I'm thinking about buying a new truck next year, if I do, it'll be an F150. I've already bailed out Chevy, I don't wanna pay for one twice. A friend of mine bought a new 4x4 Chevy 2 yrs ago, that thing was a pos. I'm sure it was just a lemon, but I didn't like anything about it. He now has an ecoboost F150, it beats the Chevy in every category IMO. I love my Dodge, the Hemi's are bulletproot, but the whole bailout thing will keep me from buying a new one.

co signed

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    You're unsouthern

:(

Its not that. Its just trucks are expensive compared to a small car yo, both in initial cost, fuel and upkeep. Not practical to me and my budget forces me to be very practical.

If i had a big boat or when i buy my race ready Miata...then ill get a truck.

I have had trucks in the past. 2 Chevrolets, 1 Dodge and 1 Ford!

Did i win any points back bro?

Last edited:

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    :(

Its not that. Its just trucks are expensive compared to a small car yo, both in initial cost, fuel and upkeep. Not practical to me and my budget forces me to be very practical.

If i had a big boat or when i buy my race ready Miata...then ill get a truck.

I have had trucks in the past. 2 Chevrolets, 1 Dodge and 1 Ford!

Did i win any points back bro?

I'll let you back in the club. Just take a seat in the back

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom