• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I have had a series of unusual issues with the heater fan in my Chevy Silverado, all of which trace back to their use of a two bit Chinese plastic blower fan. I have had to replace two fans and reprogram the Heat/AC system twice because the system will not operate the actuator doors properly and the fan would keep shutting down and then blowing hot air. Last reprogramming seemed to work ok and I only have an occasional issue with it now.

This morning, at about 7 a.m., I waded through the snow to start the truck up and let it run for a bit. Started right up but I could not get the blower fan to come on. When I turned on the fan I could hear a faint clicking noise but that was it. Let the engine get up to about 175 degrees and it still no fan. After my next 3 hour power outage, I go on line and the approved method to correct his common cold weather problem was to bang on the bottom of the fan blower shield under the glove compartment. At around 11 am I went out again, started the engine, turned on the heat and fan and then banged on the bottom of the blower fan housing.....Voila! I had full blower power and heat! Sat in the truck for about 20 minutes until everything was nice and toasty and then waded back through the snow into the house.

You gotta love the technical approach to auto mechanics...if it doesn't work, bang it with a hammer!
    Hurley's Gold

Top Bottom