chicks with guns

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by lunchbox, Sep 8, 2008.

1. lunchbox

lunchbox Member

Apr 12, 2008
    as a single guy i wonder is it just the taken ones that are into guns or am i just looking in the wrong places

so many of the galls i talk to are so anti gun its not even funny and frankly makes me sick

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    They are pretty rare, but being in Texas you are going to come across them.

Usually a boyfriend or father got them into guns is what I find.

We get alot of girls coming into Red's wanting to shoot for the first time, so it might be a fun date if you feel comfortable with it.

I find that most young people are anti-gun, or have horrible misconceptions about guns. Girls tend to be more shy and timid around firearms, but as a result, tend to be better shots off the bat.

3. LittleGun

LittleGun Active Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I think it is true that most chicks with guns were encourage by a husband or boyfriend, so they are already attached. But keep your eyes open. You never know when that unmarried girl gunslinger will cross your path.

4. baboon

baboon Well-Known

My lovely wife of 21 years was brought up with guns & knows how to shoot. One of the big reasons I married her. Over the years I've never heard shit about buying a gun I wanted or leaving to go hunt including 3 safari's in africa.

So where are good places to find these chicks? Join a gun club, the safari clubs, friends that shoot have sisters that may shoot. The problen can be that with both of y'all into it she may want her own guns.

5. Floyd_Droid

Floyd_Droid Active Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
  6. idleprocess

idleprocess Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Heading out to the range on any random day has never struck me as a good way to meet women...

7. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It isn't... but taking your girl on a date to the range seems to be fun. All of the couples that come to Red's seem to have fun for the vast majority.

8. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Well, as a chick (who does like guns) - let me unabashedly say, don't judge a book by its cover when you go out to the social spots and are around a larger group of people. Basically, don't ignore a girl because she's not as smokin' hot as the chick across the room who looks like she's going to work at 2am.:rofl: I was/am a tom-boy...the son my dad never had (I have 2 younger sisters) so I learned alot from Dad in regards to 'guy stuff'. I love it...though, I think that was part of it, guy's don't want to date 'their buddies'.

I can hold my own but I don't think I'd ever win any beauty contest. I stay in shape but I'm not a bombshell by any means and God saw fit that I have average sized 'accessories'. I can't tell you the number of times I was kinda left hanging in the wind by a guy cause he went chasing a tail and that completely backfired on him. Then he comes back complaining about things that I'd easily knock out of the park

lol Ok, guess I have some past issues :lolz:

Anyway, sometimes what you're looking for might be right in front of you but you just don't notice it. It's one of those can't see the forest for the trees sorta things.

Don't worry, a gal you can really get along with will come around.

As for why I like guns, well, we grew up with them. Dad taught us how to use them. We'd go hunting, go shoot cans, take care of the house...etc..

When I started dating my now husband, I went over to his place for dinner. He had a pistol sitting on his end table. I asked him about it and it went from there. We did go to the range a few times for dates. It made for a fun outing. So it was nice surprise to kinda stumble across his pistol (get your minds out of the gutter!) and strike up a common activity. Before then, all I regularly shot were rifles and I had shot revolvers a couple times with friends and their dad's out on the leases and such.

9. DrBart2

DrBart2 Active Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I found it easier to just find a girl, THEN introduce her to shooting. Starting off small cal. of course. If your girlfriend doesn't take to shooting, continue to look for a girlfriend who likes it. I have a wife of 27 years who didn't shoot when we met, but took to it after spending time with me. Here is a picture of her on our last vacation, last June and a couple of pics from the previous vacation.
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/Chaos_l2eaper/IMG_0984.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/Chaos_l2eaper/IMG_0989.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/Chaos_l2eaper/IMG_0820.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/Chaos_l2eaper/IMG_0817.jpg

Don't expect your girlfriend to enjoy shooting as much as you. To get her interested, do your best to make it fun for her. Long, hot shooting sessions won't please her! Make the sessions short and fun, and before you know it she will want to spend more time shooting. Expect her to prefer to do "girl" stuff more though.:gotme:

10. Floyd_Droid

Floyd_Droid Active Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    This reminds me when my daughter BF picked her up to take her to her band banquet; I had my pistol sitting on the table... :fighting0002:

He turned out to be a fine young man and goes to the same college as my daughter. We were once talking all togther about the scariest moments of our lives... it was funny that his response was the day I mentioned above.