• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byrom1212

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    Greenvill,tx
    My wife never shot a gun until she moved in with me. And we just found out we have a baby on the way and if its a girl she will grow up shooting. but i did grow up with a girl that could out shot me any day all day.
    Wife with my ruger
    HPIM1756.gif

HPIM1746.gif

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Red's indoor range has ladies night. Just hang around there. Be sure to splash on some Hoppes as cologne. If she says oohh, you smell good, there you go.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    18 or 20 years of hearing from anti-gun liberal teachers and news would make the majority of ANY group anti-gun. You can blame the "wussufucation" of America thanks to political correctness and liberal media slant.

Thankfully there are still smart young people who can see past all of the misinformation.

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    18 or 20 years of hearing from anti-gun liberal teachers and news would make the majority of ANY group anti-gun. You can blame the "wussufucation" of America thanks to political correctness and liberal media slant.

Thankfully there are still smart young people who can see past all of the misinformation.

Man, gotta plug in your political BS in every post don'tcha? :sign0101:

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    WTF does it have to do with Chics with guns???

Nobody was talking politics.

It's a large reason why women, and men, are afraid of firearms. Hence why it is hard to get some women to shoot a gun, ergo the reason why many women do not like our hobby.

I'd say 70 - 80% of women that shoot for the first time really enjoy it. The remainder generally don't like the noise and recoil.

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    It's a large reason why women, and men, are afraid of firearms. Hence why it is hard to get some women to shoot a gun, ergo the reason why many women do not like our hobby.

I'd say 70 - 80% of women that shoot for the first time really enjoy it. The remainder generally don't like the noise and recoil.

I can see that point. Yet, I don't see the blame being just liberals, Democrats or Republicans, its very ignorant to point blame on just one group or party. I know of many anti-gun republicans just as well as I know many pro-gun democrats (me for one). I also can say that not all democrats are liberal whack jobs. Just because people are misguided or misinformed don't necessarily put blame on one over the other.

So, with this said, who is broadcasting misinformation?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I can see that point. Yet, I don't see the blame being just liberals, Democrats or Republicans, its very ignorant to point blame on just one group or party. I know of many anti-gun republicans just as well as I know many pro-gun democrats (me for one). I also can say that not all democrats are liberal whack jobs. Just because people are misguided or misinformed don't necessarily put blame on one over the other.

So, with this said, who is broadcasting misinformation?

It's a game of percentages. The far majority of the staunch anti-gun advocates are going to be liberal minded people. It's because they "don't see a need to own / carry a gun". Essentially they live in their own la-la land.

The line between democrats and republicans is not associated with liberal or conservative ideology. You find both on both ends in a wide array. We both know the ruling trend in either group.

Conservatives, or more aptly named, traditionalists, are going to be far more likely to own guns and be pro-gun.

Sure there are exceptions, there are exceptions to just about anything. However you can't live your life on the rare exception, otherwise you'd never have an opinion.

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    Sure there are exceptions, there are exceptions to just about anything. However you can't live your life on the rare exception, otherwise you'd never have an opinion.

Sure you can be that rare exception and have an opinion. Those that believe in EVERYTHING either candidate has to offer are gullible fools.
    I'm sure each of us has his/her views different than our political candidates, yet we choose whomever because we can agree with most of what they claim. (Of course everyone knows that 'talk is cheap'). Heck, there are things about McCain I like and other than I don't like about Obama and vice versa.
    Wish we could pick and choose from each....

Do you really think that every republican is anti-liberal?? Many share some of their views, just like many democrats do too. But that does not represent all of one party. Just because one votes for one party doesn't mean that he/she agrees with everything.

Truth of the matter here is my political view, plain and simple:

"It really doesn't matter much who you vote for because either way you're going to get screwed.... the wise choice is for who will screw you less. because in the end, you're still screwed"

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Do you really think that every republican is anti-liberal?? Many share some of their views, just like many democrats do too. But that does not represent all of one party. Just because one votes for one party doesn't mean that he/she agrees with everything.

Here is what I just said:

The line between democrats and republicans is not associated with liberal or conservative ideology. You find both on both ends in a wide array. We both know the ruling trend in either group.

lunchbox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    My wife never shot a gun until she moved in with me. And we just found out we have a baby on the way and if its a girl she will grow up shooting. but i did grow up with a girl that could out shot me any day all day.
    Wife with my ruger
    HPIM1756.gif

HPIM1746.gif

WOW dude thats your wife??
    your one lucky man:patriot:

Slotback

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Lunchbox, if you can find a gal with a similar outlook on life, or similar philosophies as you, you'll probably find that she'll want to go shooting with you. I found that out with my wife when we were first dating. We have similar outlooks on life, and when I asked her if she wanted to go shooting with me, she said: "Sure. I've never shot a gun in my life, so you'll have to teach me."

I had a buddy do the teaching, and she still has a way to go to before she'll be a superb shot, but I think it will eventually occur.

lunchbox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Lunchbox, if you can find a gal with a similar outlook on life, or similar philosophies as you, you'll probably find that she'll want to go shooting with you. I found that out with my wife when we were first dating. We have similar outlooks on life, and when I asked her if she wanted to go shooting with me, she said: "Sure. I've never shot a gun in my life, so you'll have to teach me."

I had a buddy do the teaching, and she still has a way to go to before she'll be a superb shot, but I think it will eventually occur.

if only it were that simple

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    if only it were that simple

It's give and take man. We had a gal in at the store that "inherited" her ex-husband's HK USP .45 and she loves shooting. She's trying to get her girlfriends involved as well.

Just find an open minded gal and introduce her to it. I'd suggest an outdoor range as alot of women don't like the noise of indoor ranges.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom