• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lunchbox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    It's give and take man. We had a gal in at the store that "inherited" her ex-husband's HK USP .45 and she loves shooting. She's trying to get her girlfriends involved as well.

Just find an open minded gal and introduce her to it. I'd suggest an outdoor range as alot of women don't like the noise of indoor ranges.

most that i have met are closed minded
    Military Camp

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    18 or 20 years of hearing from anti-gun liberal teachers and news would make the majority of ANY group anti-gun.

Thankfully there are still smart young people who can see past all of the misinformation.
    I don't agree with that. I know when I was in school that when they lectured us about how bad certain things or behaviours were it made us want to go out and try them.

Here's a pic of a very liberal Democrat who attends what is perhaps the most liberal high school in the entire state. The medal is from a 3rd place finish at one of the matches at the national rifle championships at Camp Perry this summer. Fortunately, she is smart enough to see through the misinformation that is flung from many directions, left and right. Don't you dare refer to her AR as an assault rifle, you'll get an earful. (EBR is okay with her though.)

When she starts dating, I won't be the one with the rifle out when the boys come over. And forget it lunchbox, she's too young and too liberal for you.

IMG_6657-1.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    I do believe I've seen that young lady somewhere... Congrats Brunetti!

I'm not sure who the old guy is though.

100_0461.jpg

Ira,
    I didn't see a post from you in the "I survived Ike" thread. How did you make out thru the hurricane? Any damage?

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Ok guys. There have been a couple of threads that have railroaded right off the topic and there have been some personal attacks. I'm all for voicing opinions on all topics, especially politics but they need to be done in the right topic and with a sense of decency and respect.

This is everyone's official warning. If we can't act like adults, there will be infractions given out and possibly bans both temporary and permanent.

lunchbox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    im showing my ignorance but whats with the jacket it looks like one you would find in the funny farm

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Shooting jackets are designed to help reduce body movement and make for a more stable platform while at the firing line. This is particularly important when shooting offhand (standing). For High Power Rifle, competitors usually wear a sweatshirt under the jacket, no matter the ambient temperature. The sweatshirt helps isolate the rifle from the body, reduce pulse beat and absorb some recoil. Brunetti has a very minimal shooting jacket, higher end jackets are leather with very stiff backs. See how long you can hold bead at 200 yards offhand, it's not easy, the jacket helps.

The jacket is also very useful for the sitting and prone positions. Shooting gloves are also required. For offhand her support hand is over the ejection port to achieve maximum stability. For prone, she's in the sling so tight that the glove is essential to protect the hand.

And yes, she does have an older sister who likes to hang with artists and bohemians. Trust me, it would never work out for you. As the father of two teenage girls, the straightjacket is part of my wardrobe.

Hey TA, that's an old picture as Brunetti appears to be using her first loaner rifle, the one before the Texas flag rifle that ardvrk loaned her. Plus, she absolutely refuses to shoot from a rest these days as she believes it interferes with her training. She says scopes and bench rests are for boys, real women shoot iron sights. When we gonna go to the range together again?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    Hey TA, that's an old picture as Brunetti appears to be using her first loaner rifle, the one before the Texas flag rifle that ardvrk loaned her. Plus, she absolutely refuses to shoot from a rest these days as she believes it interferes with her training. She says scopes and bench rests are for boys, real women shoot iron sights. When we gonna go to the range together again?

I took that pic when CCarls visited us. Work is still taking all my time because of the hurricane. I'll let ya know when things ease off.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Shooting jackets are designed to help reduce body movement and make for a more stable platform while at the firing line. This is particularly important when shooting offhand (standing). For High Power Rifle, competitors usually wear a sweatshirt under the jacket, no matter the ambient temperature. The sweatshirt helps isolate the rifle from the body, reduce pulse beat and absorb some recoil. Brunetti has a very minimal shooting jacket, higher end jackets are leather with very stiff backs. See how long you can hold bead at 200 yards offhand, it's not easy, the jacket helps.

The jacket is also very useful for the sitting and prone positions. Shooting gloves are also required. For offhand her support hand is over the ejection port to achieve maximum stability. For prone, she's in the sling so tight that the glove is essential to protect the hand.

And yes, she does have an older sister who likes to hang with artists and bohemians. Trust me, it would never work out for you. As the father of two teenage girls, the straightjacket is part of my wardrobe.

She sounds like a smart girl. It is a widely known fact that using rests screws AR shooters. A rest on an AR that does not hold the rifle down above the hand guards will create an almost unnoticable muzzle whip that makes shots on target appear like the shooter did not have correct alignment, or is jerking the trigger.

Top Bottom