Join TexasGunTalk

Chief of Police leaves gun in restroom.

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Moonpie, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva TGT Addict

Aug 26, 2016
    I get it. I just don’t think it’s a good idea, especially when there’s no great place to stash it.

If you had to go through that bathroom scenario every hour or two, it would get old.

2. Reinz

Reinz Well-Known

Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Now that I think back, diligent conscious effort towards safe gun handling was magnified more so when carrying for 20 years before our CHL laws were passed. Because if negligence occurred, I was in a heap of trouble!

Wildcat Diva likes this.
  3. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva TGT Addict

Aug 26, 2016
    Also, think about it. Peeing is not time consuming in and of itself. By the time I take the gun out and situate it in the pants hammock, it’s time to pull the pants back up again. What’s the point of stashing it there?

4. Reinz

Reinz Well-Known

Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    You never lose SIGHT of your gun.

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  5. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    TMI

Southpaw likes this.
  6. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If the gun ends up in Texas , and the person who has it does not know, or have reason to know , that it is stolen , no charge. Will lose the gun, but simply being is possession of stolen property is not a crime here.

7. BillFairbanks

BillFairbanks Well-Known

May 8, 2017
    That’s one of the reasons I tend to carry my pocket .380 more than my other guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dancing Heretik likes this.
  8. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva TGT Addict

Aug 26, 2016
    But why would you need to put it anywhere? If you squat and pee in a matter of seconds, why even put it anywhere? It’s like you would be doing some series of motions to place it there for no reason, when you can just leave it in on your belt in the holster in the first place. Putting the firearms in the pants hammock would have no purpose for a lady taking a pee.

It’s like, you might as well hold it. If you’ve made it to the point to where your gun is out of the holster and you have ALSO managed to at the same time drop your drawers and squat, you’ve already mastered the amazing task of acting as if you have three hands. At that point, placing your firearm in the pants hammock for 20 seconds of peeing is kind of anti-climactic. Unnecessary at that point unless you are going to be sitting there for a while.

Like, as soon as you squat, you are up again in seconds. What’s the point of stashing it there for a few seconds? For any of it, dealing with your clothes and the firearm in and out the holster all at once, you need three hands anyways. If you are going to take your firearm out of the holster, if you then are going to unbuckle and drop your drawers, then really, you need one hand to hold the firearm, then two more hands to deal with getting your belt undone and dropping your drawers.

Since we don’t have three hands, the easiest thing for peeing is just leaving it in the holster in the first place.

TheMailMan, DoubleDuty, Reinz and 2 others like this.
  9. Sublime

Sublime Active Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Any experienced offocer knows that if you are gonna drop a deuce, you hit the Station, your home, or fire station. Ladies do it have it harder. Out in public? Find a private bathroom.
    I always check a restaurant table when we leave for items forgotten, it is the same thing in the bathroom. Amateur.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TheMailMan and Charlie like this.
  10. Fosty 2.0

Fosty 2.0 Member

Mar 28, 2019
    Austin
    I tuck it and my IWB clip on holster in there so nobody at work can see from under the cubicle