Join TexasGunTalk

Chief of Police leaves gun in restroom.

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Moonpie, Jul 12, 2019.

1. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    You could be oh, so very wrong, too. He’s quite the liberal.

2. higgs_field

higgs_field New Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Houston, TX
    TheMailMan likes this.
  3. chris98765

chris98765 New Member

Aug 1, 2013
    IT's not as simple as just removing the firearm. The weight of the rest of the belt (especially the radio that cost more than the gun) makes the entire process very awkard. Personally, I just disconnect the earbud/mic, keepers, and hang the entire duty belt on the hook, doorknob, whatever.

I think my duty belt weighs 15 or so pounds, enough for gravity to cause problems when trying to pull up, button and zip up your pants, tuck in your undershirt and uniform shirt.

Wildcat Diva likes this.
  4. rmantoo

rmantoo Cranky old fart: Pull my finger

Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    My dad was a Houston cop for well over 25 years. For the majority of that time he carried a Barretta "bobcat?" I think it's called... a little bitty .25acp semi where the barrel tilts up like a break action shotgun?

ANyway he carried it as a backup, in his front right pocket, and at least 5 times between 1965 and 1990 or so, he lost it. Lost them. Lost one after the other. Whatever. He lost several.

Once it was left on top of a bathroom counter. He thinks, maybe. One was left in a rental car in Monterrey, Mexico (yep, VERY different times back then). One other time, it ended up at the bottom of Galveston bay. The other 2 or 3, who knows? Right before we closed his coffin, I put the last one he had in his right suit coat pocket, loaded with 1 in the chamber, along with his Good Sams RV Club card and a new Amex.

However, he never lost his service revolver, or his plainclothes pieces... much harder to lose a 1911, Browning HiPower, or a S&W 38...

If this...person...lost a full sized piece, man, I dunno. I could see me doing that. Maybe. But so far, in carrying for about 20 years concealed, I've yet to lose or misplace one. This is also one of the reasons I prefer pocket carry, too. It never comes out of my pocket unless I'm drawing to use it or going to shower.

5. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva Well-Known

Aug 26, 2016
    I love that story.

6. Fried Eagle

Fried Eagle New Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Cut 'n Shoot, Texas
    I once had an Air Marshall leave his gun in the first class bathroom of a B-777. One of my flight attendants found it and gave it to me (Captain). I asked the flight attendant to ask the Air Marshall to stop by the cockpit on de-boarding. I chewed on his ass (Marine Corps style) for about 5 minutes and then gave him his gun back. He was so thankful that I did not turn him in. He will never forget his carry every again.

7. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Welcome to the Forum!

8. m5215

m5215 Pistoleer

Sep 3, 2018
    Plano, TX
    Looks like he/she/it got a mild verbal warning and in typical Kalifornistan fashion the person that made the honest effort to return the pistol to the San Luis Obispo Police is in the process of being charged with several crimes by the County District Attorney's Office. He should have thrown the damn pistol into a nearby lake. They don't deserve to get it back.

https://www.newtimesslo.com/sanluis...restaurant/Content?oid=8634440&media=AMP+HTML

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  9. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Obviously she doesn't understand that all those stars she wears all over her uniform come with a high degree of responsibility.

I hope Skeeter Mangan sues the shit out of her for her negligence!

10. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    Why do so many Police Chiefs adorn their uniform with 4 stars?

When I see that I immediately think of some banana republic general or Gaddafi or V D Amin.....