• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    DeSoto, Dallas County, TX
    Re Kaku: The general rule of thought holds the faster the speech pattern, the more embellishments, the bigger the lie. (The exception being BHO without his teleprompter).
    I go with the infowars report.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The general rule of thought holds the faster the speech pattern, the more embellishments, the bigger the lie.
    lol... That's a good rule to keep in mind when listening to Alex Jones, too.

I think Shepard Smith made a good point that we track every single plane in the sky, so why not just say this was flight so and so? I'm highly skeptical of every bit of information I see on this topic. Nothing really passes the sniff test.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Radar? Air control "radar" isn't true radar in most cases. It keeps track of aircraft via transponders. To the best info that I have, ATC radar cannot really track anything that doesn't have a transponder, and if they do have radar capable, I don't think it has the longer range capability to track something fifty miles or so out.

I have seen a LOT of contrails, and lived in an area very much like LA with heavy air traffic (San Francisco area) and have NEVER seen a contrail that looked like that.

Also, ballistic missile can and DO make small course corrections as they climb. It's very smooth and hard to notice, but they do need to correct as they go.

As far as it being China.... I wouldn't be surprised actually. Still waiting for some evidence personally, but this is a HUGE embarrassment since it happened right in the Navy's back yard.

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    Contrailscience.com? Really? :rolleyes: Sorry, not buying it, if it were a plane contrail it would have been easier for the gov to show the flight plan and number of the plane instead of saying they didn't know what it was for how many days.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Seriously? Why would the government care? It's a contrail from a jet aircraft, as seen across the country on a daily basis. If it had been a missile there is this little place called NORAD, and a couple of military installations within spitting distance of LA that have CAP flights on a daily basis, that would have noticed something on radar. They didn't respond to "OMG what is it" panic from a blurry news helicopter video fast enough? Give me a break. That's not even going into the whole, why would China want to risk war with the nation that owes them the most argument.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    This months Popular Mechanics has an article speculating on an attempt by China to take over Taiwan. In the article it's pointed out that China has electric subs (since the 1990's) covered with sound-proofing tiles that are virtually undetectable by sonar. China's also working on an anti-ship ballistic missile, likely to be tested within a year, which can potentially disable an aircraft carrier and will supposedly be unstoppable with our current anti-missile defenses.

Just maybe the test was a bit earlier than anticipated. Wouldn't be the first time our "experts" were "surprised" by an event. And what better way to show the current administration just what the Chinese think of them?

Bushmaster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Dallas
    What's wrong with you people? It was a WEATHER BALLOON!!!! It was a knock off of the one that crashed in Roswell. LOL!!

If you can't follow the vapor trail, follow the money trail. That never lies.

Alamo Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    DeSoto, Dallas County, TX
    Bushmaster: What's wrong with you people? It was a WEATHER BALLOON!!!! It was a knock off of the one that crashed in Roswell. LOL!!

WHY OF COURSE!! and if i remember right, the Roswell, New Mexico weather balloon would have gone about its uneventful business of data collection if not for being hit by the ricochet of the lone bullet fired in Dallas, Texas in November,1963.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Radar? Air control "radar" isn't true radar in most cases. It keeps track of aircraft via transponders. To the best info that I have, ATC radar cannot really track anything that doesn't have a transponder, and if they do have radar capable, I don't think it has the longer range capability to track something fifty miles or so out.

I have seen a LOT of contrails, and lived in an area very much like LA with heavy air traffic (San Francisco area) and have NEVER seen a contrail that looked like that.

Also, ballistic missile can and DO make small course corrections as they climb. It's very smooth and hard to notice, but they do need to correct as they go.

As far as it being China.... I wouldn't be surprised actually. Still waiting for some evidence personally, but this is a HUGE embarrassment since it happened right in the Navy's back yard.

Unless you are transponder equiped, ATC's equipment will never know you are there. Even if you are NOT flying on an IFR flight plan, you are STILL equiped with a transponder and you are squawking 1200, so while the don't know WHO you are, theu know where you are and how high you are...as for military radar, THAT'S a different story, but it is much more limited in range, too...so if this were an aircraft making a contrail it would be an aircraft that flies at high altitude that MUST opperate on an IFR flight plan, so ATC would know EXACTLY who it was...

Seriously? Why would the government care? It's a contrail from a jet aircraft, as seen across the country on a daily basis. If it had been a missile there is this little place called NORAD, and a couple of military installations within spitting distance of LA that have CAP flights on a daily basis, that would have noticed something on radar. They didn't respond to "OMG what is it" panic from a blurry news helicopter video fast enough? Give me a break. That's not even going into the whole, why would China want to risk war with the nation that owes them the most argument.

Seriously? CAP - Combat Air Patrol - is not flown over the US or it's coast line as a matter of routine. Training missions, yep, but not true CAP. And since the Military uses IFF transponders, the system they use is almost identical to that used by ATC unless you are within the range of the ground or airbourne radar and it is turned on...which chance are, unless there was a training mission at that moment, it wasn't. Early detection of inbound missles and threat aircraft is done via satelite, and opperates on the assumption that these launches are going to take place several thousand miles away, not 15 miles off shore.

And if they DID detect a missle launch 15 miles off of LA that did nothing but go up and then away from us, do you really think the US wants to start the kind of S***HOLE of an international incident that this would cause without knowing first WHO did it and being able to prove it? This administration only has the balls to bow down to everyone and tell them how sorry we are for offending them...

One last thing on contrails....they don't start at the ground, or water, and go up...they are limited to a small area at high altitude based on tempeture of the air, the wing, the exhaust and the amount of mosture in the air...

WHY OF COURSE!! and if i remember right, the Roswell, New Mexico weather balloon would have gone about its uneventful business of data collection if not for being hit by the ricochet of the lone bullet fired in Dallas, Texas in November,1963.

+1!!!

Top Bottom