• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I've shifted to buying as much American made as I possibly can this year, so I feel your pain. In the end you wind up having to save up, hunt bargains, and really search thru manufacturer data to figure out whats "Made in the USA" "Assembled in the USA" and imported. And there are some items you just can't buy made in America, so it becomes a game of finding what you want made in a friendly country, and not China. An example not from the gun world - I've bought a few low profile bait cast reels for my bass fishing rods this year (plus a few new American made rods) - no one, not a single manufacturer, makes a low profile baitcaster here in the USA. Lews, Zebco (Quantum), and Pflueger are all American companies - not a single American made low profile reel from the bunch. So I wound up going with Shimano (Japanese company, reel made in Thailand) and Lews - but I had to hunt for a Lews reel not made in China, I found a model I liked that was made in South Korea.

When I was on the hunt for a new working flashlight earlier this year to step up in performance from my Mag XL50, the only "entry level" light aside from Mag products made in the USA I could find was the Streamlight PolyTac - which is not "Made in the USA" its "Assembled in the USA" from foreign and domestic production parts. I needed a new light, and didn't want to drop more than $100 on an item I was likely to lose.

Chinesium is so damn prevalent, and retailers and manufacturers are so coy about country of origin that buying American can be hard.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    To think I wasted my one day in Prague buying books, caviar, and Budweiser Budvar, instead of Swarovski optics. But then again, at the time, I had no idea they did optics.

True Manufacturing

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2021
    My muzzle device is made and sourced only in the US, as is everything we make. I spend probably 3-4x what it would cost me to just have my inventory manufactured in China but it's worth it.

I get why value manufacturers do it - you can't have low prices and also source only in the US.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I have been looking for Sneakers /athletic shoes made in the USA. The only ones I have been able to find are SAS and New Balance . anyone know any others ?

Dr P

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Dallas
    If Congress ever finds time to do anything useful, mandating 'Country of Origin' on all online ads would be a good start.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom