• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I haven't the slightest idea if by buying these chinese made drones put us at risk of the ccp getting surveillance information that could be used against us (don't know how that works) as a country or if we're simply spending that should be spent buying either on domestically manufactured drones (if there are any made that is) or at least bought from an allied source.

I know there's not a lot anything manufactured that 'isn't' chinese...

Last edited:

AlteisenMkII

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2022
    San Antonio,TX
    They have been all over the place for their Operation Fox Hunt. Not surprised they have some presence after shutting down the Chinese Embassy in Houston. Also remember during election "week" the Chinese Yuan sank hard and then went up after the ballots were "counted ".

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    That article was full of spelling and grammar errors, which always raises a red flag for me. 99.9% of journalists at least can write an article with proper english and punctuation.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    A little less sensationalistic from 2021:

Much less sensational. And something from the DOD carries much more weight than an article that can't use proper punctuation.

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    What burned my butt was the statement in the original article stating we can get these cheap items from other countries.

That is why we are where we are today.

Agreed. I'm not against purchasing foreign-made products....as long as those products come from allies. We should be buying the heck out of Israel, Czech Republic, and other nations that have supported us. That is foreign aid I can back....

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Include Hungary too!

I just bought 6 summer weight tee shirts that were hecho en: El Salvador...not fking china...

Would I prefer to buy 'made in the U.S.A.' of course, but that's not always possible, but El Salvador is alright.

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    If you get cams from China just assum they are compromised, and you're most likely correct. Look for NDAA (National Defense Act Authorization, I think) compliant devices. It's reasonable to assume China has a vast spy network with all the home web video systems from China available online. Even some of the prominent US brands are rebranded Chinese.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom