Target Sports

Chipotle: Don't Bring Guns Into Our Stores!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I've said it before. Many open carry groups, not all but many, cause more damage than good.

As more "rallies" are held, more businesses and communities are pushing back.

Starbucks did everything they could to stay neutral in the gun debate until open carry groups forced them into revising company policy. You can thank those groups for the 30.06 signs you see at many Starbucks locations now.

You can also thank those groups for the signs you will soon see at Chipotle.

"The display of firearms in our restaurants has now created an environment that is potentially intimidating or uncomfortable for many of our customers."

- Chipotle Spokesman

Chipotle: Don't bring guns in our stores - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Saw this on Drugde. Such bullshit. People need to learn that OC does not equal or lead to crime.

If these anti-gunners were consistent with an argument (liberal, consistent? LOL, no!) they would call for police to be unarmed, too. But they don't mind living in a police state, as long as the police, NSA and IRS keep hassling conservatives.

See my tagline.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    It's ironic that the 30.06 sign carries no weight for open carry of long arms. I'm not sure I understand what these groups are trying to do. Isn't it already legal to openly carry long guns? Is this their way of promoting open carry of all guns? What.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    It's ironic that the 30.06 sign carries no weight for open carry of long arms. I'm not sure I understand what these groups are trying to do. Isn't it already legal to openly carry long guns? Is this their way of promoting open carry of all guns? What.

I never understood that either.

I think it would be more beneficial if a private (OCT or TSRA, etc.) person hosted a HANDGUN open carry event on their private property and invited politicians to speak and have it open to the public

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I would not patronize any place where these jack-asses are:

shotgun_zps19dc454f.gif

1028591000_zps7960f748.gif

gun-nut-jc-penney-utah_zpse3e1780b.gif

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    In the long run it isn't going to matter as it is all going to come to a head at some point and there is no stopping that.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Yes you can. Concealed carry is not a problem. Has to be a 51% sign.

In your 1st post you said implied this was about OC:

I've said it before. Many open carry groups, not all but many, cause more damage than good.

"The display of firearms in our restaurants has now created an environment that is potentially intimidating or uncomfortable for many of our customers."

Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    How do you plan to teach them? By continuing to make them feel intimidated or uncomfortable?

Shove it down their fucking throat ... that'll certainly bring the fence sitters around.

There may be a few OC advocates with good intentions.
    But I see most as attention whores. They go to very public places armed with not only properly and legally slung weapons, but an entourage of others armed with cameras with direct feeds to facebook.

I look at it this way ... Freedom of speech is a constitutional right, but yelling at the top of your lungs, while protected, doesn't typically get the intended response.

Top Bottom