CHL 30.06 sign - Remember to look !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by 69rrvert, Dec 11, 2009.

1. 69rrvert

69rrvert New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Angleton, Texas
    I have had my license for a few weeks now and remembering to look for the Texas 30.06 sign has been the hardest thing about carrying. I seem to remember AFTER I leave the store. So far, I have not had any violations. Thanks, Steven

"PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN) A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (CONCEALED HANDGUN LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN."

"CONFORME A LA SECCIÓN 30.06 DEL CÔDIGO PENAL (TRASPASAR PORTANDO ARMAS DE FUEGO) PERSONAS CON LICENCIA BAJO DEL SUB-CAPITULO H, CAPITULO 411, CODIGO DE GOBIERNO (LEY DE PORTAR ARMAS), NO DEBEN ENTRAR A ESTA PROPIEDAD PORTANDO UN ARMA DE FUEGO."

2. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Active Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    I am not from Texas, but what type establishments would post this restriction?

3. 69rrvert

69rrvert New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Angleton, Texas
    The places that do not want people trying to protect themselves or want our business. Thanks, Steven

4. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I rarely bothered to check unless it was obvious. Kind of rebellious, but oh well.

5. sean_bart1

sean_bart1 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    Take the military approach... don't ask , don't tell.:gotme:

6. martywj

martywj New Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Burleson
    Usually hospitals, schools, government buildings (city, county, state, federal). Schools are a no-no even if there isn't a sign. I haven't seen it at any businesses yet, but doesn't mean it's not.

7. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    +1 - stole from DCortez!

8. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Got to agree with the DADT policy, rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

You will get to the point that you realize you are entering a Gun Free Zone. You won't need to see the sign (if it is posted). And then you just ignore it anyway. I think the only way you would get caught, if you are truly concealed, is if you have to pull your weapon. Worth it at that point.

So why are we restricted anyway? Where do you think the term "going postal" came from?

9. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    You'll see them now and again. The buildings that are off limits by statue don't need to post, but some do post a sign. The one's I've seen (City Hall etc) are not 30.06 signs, but state you can't carry their by law. I see a lot of plain ol signs that say no guns allowed which of course we know are not binding except they could ask you to leave if some how discovered. The 30.06 needs to be posted in such a way as you would for sure see it as you enter.

Some places that serve alcohol will post a sign that states it is against the law to enter with a non licensed gun, which of course means if you've got a CHL you're okay, unless they post a 51%.

10. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Please..........Business who do not wish for CHLers to carrry a firearm into their business.

They are certainly NOT indicating they don't want your business. I am always surprised when a person who so rants about "his" rights wants to complain about another person asserting his.