• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 69rrvert

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Angleton, Texas
    Needless to say, I was very surprised when I checked the mail today. I took my class on October 5 from Charles Cotton in Alvin. I was fully expecting it to be here around May of next year. On another note, I was able to get a few boxes of 380 ammo today at Bass Pro in Pearland. I walked up to the ammo shelves and there was one box left. A Houston cop had a basket with about 10 boxes in it and he left one on the shelf. I told him thanks for leaving me a box and then he gave me another. Thanks - 69rrvert
    Hurley's Gold

81aggie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    San Antonio
    Congratulations 69rrvert! I think things are finally getting better. Mine took 59 days from the time I mailed it (Sept 21) to the day it was approved instead of the 4 months I was originally expecting. Another 6 days waiting on the mail and I had it in 65 days. Over on the Texas CHL Forum there are more and more folks having 60 day or less wait times, even seeing some guys getting theirs who mailed the packet in October. I think DPS is finally getting out from under the pile.

dpdtc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Spring
    My brohter inlaw got his 3 days shy of 2 months just the other day. I waited 5 1/2 for mine. Looks like things are getting back to normal.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Guess I should grab some scratch offs too then. I got mine in just under a month. Or rather will if it gets here tomorrow. :) My status changed on monday to accepted. awesome. Mailed it a couple of days after Halloween.

Danton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I took the class 10/13 and got the card on 12/2. That's some kind of record as far as I can tell. I was also expecting a wait of several months. My guess is that they have a fast-track approval process for ex-military. Anyway, congrats!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom