• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    those of you that have a CHL, do you carry on your person while in the car or do you keeo your gun within easy reach but not on your person? My car has bucket seats that don't lend themselves to either comfort or ease of access should the need arise. I'd been considering building a mounted holster behind the passengers seat back for concealed yet easy access. it would also make it easy to transfer from "car carry" to "concealed" prior to exiting.

thoughts?
    Venture Surplus ad

Amistad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    San Antone
    I like to keep mine on my person all the time. While driving, I usually have to "scoot" the holster (IWB) a bit one way or the other to find the most confortable ride, but it isn't bad at all.

Amistad

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I usually keep it on me, but I think I might try something else, cause IWB isn't the easiest draw from inside a car seat.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    When the driver.....I put my IWB left of belt buckle (cross draw) this gets my weapon ot of the way of the seat belt buckle. If I'm the passenger.........right side of my belt buckle.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Your taking the presumption there is only one in the truck...
    I don't remove mine from the hip, I do have one that is easier to get to in the truck.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    It depends: IF I'm not in the truck long then definately leave it on the hip. Long trips I usually put it in the center console if I'm by myself. If my wife is with me then she has hers in her purse. I've considered ankle carry for long trips as it would be easier to get to (I think, have not tried it out yet). So far on person carry I haven't really explored other locations other than 3-4 o'clock and is not the easiest to get to while sitting in my truck.

R_Comstock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Ingleside
    I prefer to keep mine in the driver's door pocket. Most vehicles have these and if you leave the gun in the holster, it sits pretty securely. Relatively easy access compared to center console or trying to draw while sitting in a bucket seat.

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    I have a holster mounted on my trucks center console and put ti there sometimes and sometime I leave it in its holster on my hip. Either is very easy to access.

Your taking the presumption there is only one in the truck...
    I don't remove mine from the hip, I do have one that is easier to get to in the truck.

Im assuming you dont but I hope your not leaving a firearm in your truck all the time, ie at night, when your not there. But Im also presuming that you leave it there when you go into stores, work, etc. and that leaves your firearm in danger of being stolen and put in the hands of a criminal. Dont contribute to the criminals out there, brother. Our judicial system is already on their side.:patriot:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I have a holster mounted on my trucks center console and put ti there sometimes and sometime I leave it in its holster on my hip. Either is very easy to access.

Im assuming you dont but I hope your not leaving a firearm in your truck all the time, ie at night, when your not there. But Im also presuming that you leave it there when you go into stores, work, etc. and that leaves your firearm in danger of being stolen and put in the hands of a criminal. Dont contribute to the criminals out there, brother. Our judicial system is already on their side.:patriot:

You worry about your firearms, and we can worry about ours.

What do you do with your handgun when you have to enter a restricted location?

racerxinhouston

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    Houston,Texas
    This worked nicely for me:
    I got a biometric microvault and a bicycle cable lock:

GunVault - Fingerprint recognition in a small safe - MicroVault
    Master Lock -

Drill 2 holes in the back of the microvault and ran the cable under and around my auto chair and thru the safe.

It is positioned between my legs and I can open it in about 2 secs without looking. Great for when you need to leave the gun in the car.

X

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    You worry about your firearms, and we can worry about ours.

What do you do with your handgun when you have to enter a restricted location?

As you can see by my post, I wasn't talking to you. Mind your own business. But since you asked a legitimate question I'll answer it. I dont take my gun with me when Im going to a place that I know Im not allowed to take it into. When I get somehwere and then realize I have to go somewhere I cant take it, I lock it up in my console.

Leaving a gun in a vehicle unattended should be discouraged and while taking your gun with you cannot always be done, leaving one in your car on a regular basis and as a matter of habit is not the greatest of ideas and certainly isnt my idea of responsible gun ownership. Now, before you go and make more out of what Im saying than I intended, I am not calling him/her an irresponsible gun owner, I am merely stating my concern. Its a valid concern.

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    As you can see by my post, I wasn't talking to you. Mind your own business.
    ooooooo, you told me.

But since you asked a legitimate question I'll answer it. I dont take my gun with me when Im going to a place that I know Im not allowed to take it into.
    Then you must be certain you will not be carjacked or otherwise need it during those trips. :rolleyes:

When I get somehwere and then realize I have to go somewhere I cant take it, I lock it up in my console.
    Then you are a hypocrite. You chastise a guy to not leave his gun in his car, yet you just admitted to doing the same thing. (do as I say, not as I do)

Leaving a gun in a vehicle unattended should be discouraged
    That would be an opinion
    and while taking your gun with you cannot always be done, leaving one in your car on a regular basis and as a matter of habit is not the greatest of ideas and certainly isnt my idea of responsible gun ownership.
    Of course, anyone who does not do as you SAY, or think as you do MUST be irresponsible. :banghead:
    Now, before you go and make more out of what Im saying than I intended, I am not calling him/her an irresponsible gun owner, I am merely stating my concern. Its a valid concern.
    Perhaps, but that is NOT how you represented your "concern" in your previous post.

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    ooooooo, you told me.

Then you must be certain you will not be carjacked or otherwise need it during those trips. :rolleyes:

Then you are a hypocrite. You chastise a guy to not leave his gun in his car, yet you just admitted to doing the same thing. (do as I say, not as I do)

That would be an opinion Of course, anyone who does not do as you SAY, or think as you do MUST be irresponsible. :banghead: Perhaps, but that is NOT how you represented your "concern" in your previous post.

Whatever jackass. You can twist what I said however you want. You dont mean diddly to me. What you should be spending your time on, instead of wasting time starting fights online, is investigating why your such an asshole. Now that would be a worthwhile use of your time.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom